Windows 7 Frequent Bad Pool Header and Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSODs

gavinh

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium alongside Linux.

Recently I have experienced many BSODs in Windows. Chrome began rendering pages incorrectly at the same time that the BSODs seemed to begin. Speccy also does not correctly identify the NVidia GeForce 310M card (it displays "Invalid Vendor ID"). Linux does not seem to be affected.

I have attached the minidumps and requested information. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gavin

Attachments

• bsodInformation.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 245
Hi Gavin,

Just see if any of this is relevant to you:

1. This may seem random, but might be worth a shot... I think this problem often occurs because of registry errors with the fonts... This solution fixes that. If you browse to windows/fonts and immediately get a blue screen, then the fonts are your problem.
2. First try going to Control Panel > Fonts > Font settings (on left) > Restore default fonts.
3. If you can't access fonts in the control panel then try this... In explorer go here:
C\Windows\Fonts
4. Then hit Ctrl+A to select all the fonts.
5. Once they're all selected right click and select "Install".
6. When the dialogue box pops up saying that "[such and such] font is already installed, would you like to reinstall it?" Click the box for "Do this for all current items" and hit "Yes".
7. Reboot and you should be good to go.

http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...k-sys-every-few-minutes-normal-safe-mode.html

Last edited:
Brilliant. The instructions from the other post seem to have redressed the issue. Thank you so much for the assistance.

Good news. Glad that seems to have worked for your issue as well.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back