Windows 7 Frequent Blue Screen of Death

aromanov

I just posted a thread in Windows 7 Support about an error message saying "Desktop window manager has stopped working," so I'm not sure if there's any correlation between the two, but I am getting the BSoD quite frequently as of late and I have no idea why. Again, I have to warn you that I'm very technologically impaired, so you'll have to bear with me.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050033
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002EC02D7
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012312-32978-01.dmp
C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60138-0.sysdata.xml

Last edited:
Hi aromanov and Welcome to The Forum.

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

Also see: http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...lp-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html

When attaching dmp files, PLEASE put them in a single zipped folder

Last edited:
View attachment dmp.zip
View attachment Seven Forums.zip
cpu.png
memory.png
mainboard.png
slot1.png
slot2.png

Hi aromanov

I just got another. This time it said "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
When a blue screen occurs please zip up the dmp file and attach to a post, that way we are working with up to date information.

I've got to go out, but just to start you off:

AVG is known to be a cause of BSOD's on Windows 7 systems. Suggest that you uninstall it. Download the correct AVG Remover for your system (32 or 64 bit).
If you have AVG ID protection installed, download the AVGID Protection Remover from the above link as well (it wouldn't hurt to download and run it anyway). Download BSOD friendly Link Removed due to 404 Error as AVG's replacement.
Uninstall AVG through the Control Panel. Re-boot to Safe Mode and run the AVG Removal tool(s). Re-boot to normal mode and install MSE. Make sure your Windows firewall is enabled! After your blue screens have been resolved, feel free to re-try AVG.

See how it goes.

Your graphics drivers are very old.

atikmpag.sys Mon Mar 15 14:00:57 2010 AMD Graphics Drivers

• Download and install DriverSweeper.
  • Uninstall your current Graphics setup through Programs and Features
  • Boot to (preferably) Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper to clean up the remnants of your current Graphics set up.
  • Reboot to Normal Mode.
  • Install your new Graphics set up.

I followed all of your instructions, and when I tried to install the drivers, this error message came up.
catalyst.png

Edit: I just updated through the device manager, but I think it installed the same drivers that I just uninstalled..?

Last edited:
That is one of the reasons you will see us often ask members to fill out their system specs in the forum profile page......http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...you-filling-your-system-specs.html#post235529
It looks like you have a Toshiba Satellite L645D but without the additional letters and numbers that follow that information it is difficult for us to propose potential solutions. So if this is the drivver you attempted to install ATI Catalyst for your ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series Video Card, then you are left with using the Vendor specific driver from here Link Removed due to 404 Error but I have to agree with Elmer the 8.712.2.1000 version dated 11/20/2010 does seem a bit dated.
In addition to
pgeffect.sys 6/22/2009 Toshiba Universal Camera Filter driver/Pangu Effect driver
TVALZFL.sys 6/19/2009 TVALZ Filter Driver - Toshiba
QIOMem.sys 6/14/2009 TOSHIBA Generic IO & Memory Access
All pre-date Windows 7 RTM and presumably updateable through the vendor's website, hopefully.
And your most recent dump file 012512-17472-01.dmp still shows AVG Installed. You really need to at least for the time being uninstall it completely and follow that up by running the vendor specific proprietary removal tool from here AVG - Download tools and utilities get the correct version for your architecture and replace it with Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back