Windows 10 Frequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens

MatsT

Hello, recently I've been having issues with frequent bluescreens. I recently upgraded to windows 10 but the issues started before that (I upgraded hoping it would sort itself out). Originally the issue seemed to occur completely at random, but I have now managed to reproduce it reliably. I noticed that when the battlenet launcher tries to download an upgrade for Diablo 3 of 13GB it always crashes along the way.

Because of this I suspect the issue is disk related. I tried updating the firmware for my SSD which does not seem to have helped. SeaTools scans completed without issues. CHKDSK bluescreened on the first attempt but succeeded without issues on the second. Running "scf /scannow" seems to crash with 100% reliability at various percentages. Scanning for malware with MalwareBytes have also caused the bluescreen two separate times.

If I try not to do anything that would "anger" the computer, it seems I can use it for hours without crashing. Attaching the "Grab All" as per the instructions post. Thankful for any help you can provide!

//Mats

Attachments

• W7F_25-07-2016.zip
    330.8 KB · Views: 414
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {2e, 2, 0, fffff8018fb3200e}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiInsertPageInFreeOrZeroedList+1ae )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
both dump files were like the one shown above. Bugcheck A has a number of causes including the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. Recently added hardware and Anti Virus suites can also have an affect so if new hardware was added recently then try removing it and see if the issue stops.

BiosVersion = P1.60
BiosReleaseDate = 02/18/2011
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASRock
BaseBoardProduct = P67 Extreme4
ASRock > P67 Extreme4
Your Bios does have an update available but if your unsure about the process then you could always ask the local PC store to do it for you. In any case let's leave this until last whilst we try other things.

Some drivers could do with updating and are as follows:
Chipset, please update your chipset drivers with the versions ( you need both) found on your motherboard support page:
ASRock > P67 Extreme4

mvs91xx.sys Tue Apr 14 02:49:58 2015: Marvell 91xx SATA Controller Driver. I think this is the windows driver and if it is please remove and use the driver found here:
Marvell MV-91xx/92xx SATA 6G Controller Version 1.2.0.1047 WHQL

If you are actually using the ports connected to this controller try swapping them over to the Intel controller ports as some Marvell chips are known to cause issues.

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Nov 05 14:35:23 2015: Nvidia Graphics driver please update. Uninstall using the Display driver uninstaller as this also removes anything left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller
You will need to boot into safe mode to use properly.

The latest driver for your card is here:
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Rt64win7.sys Thu Jan 07 07:39:06 2016 : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC. A slightly later version is on the main Realtek site:
Realtek

If the BSOD still continues then please run the driver verifier. First however you'll need to create a Recovery Disk/USB as the verifier can on occasion lead to a bsod boot loop. You'll need the recovery disk/usb to boot from, enter recovery, safe mode and then run the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will have been caught on a dump file:
Recovery disk/USB

Driver Verifier
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

We can if need be test the RAM as well as Storage but first see how you get on with the above.

Please post any new dump files

Thank you for your extensive help. I decided to start at the top and try to reproduce the problem between each change to try to isolate the actual cause.

Hi,
both dump files were like the one shown above. Bugcheck A has a number of causes including the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. Recently added hardware and Anti Virus suites can also have an affect so if new hardware was added recently then try removing it and see if the issue stops.
No new hardware has been added and I don't use antivirus.
BiosVersion = P1.60
ASRock > P67 Extreme4
Your Bios does have an update available but if your unsure about the process then you could always ask the local PC store to do it for you. In any case let's leave this until last whilst we try other things.
Decided to wait with this as you said.
Some drivers could do with updating and are as follows:
Chipset, please update your chipset drivers with the versions ( you need both) found on your motherboard support page:
ASRock > P67 Extreme4
I installed these. During the realtek driver installation I had an additional bluescreen with another code, but on the second attempt it worked. I tried the malwarebytes scan, sfc /scannow and the game download that previously crashed the game and they all worked! Since I'm not a fan of fixing what ain't broken I decided to stop there for the time being. Things worked for a while but I had two freezes (no bluescreen, just freeze) and today I had two bluescreens with the same original code. I decided to continue.
mvs91xx.sys Tue Apr 14 02:49:58 2015: Marvell 91xx SATA Controller Driver. I think this is the windows driver and if it is please remove and use the driver found here:
Marvell MV-91xx/92xx SATA 6G Controller Version 1.2.0.1047 WHQL

If you are actually using the ports connected to this controller try swapping them over to the Intel controller ports as some Marvell chips are known to cause issues.
I tried uninstalling this but windows reinstallet it automatically when I rebooted. The linked drivers fail to start. I do have a SATA connected drive but I'm not sure exactly which port it uses.
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Nov 05 14:35:23 2015: Nvidia Graphics driver please update. Uninstall using the Display driver uninstaller as this also removes anything left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller
You will need to boot into safe mode to use properly.

The latest driver for your card is here:
NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL
As far as I know I've kept my graphics drivers very updated with the Nvidea Geforce experience tool already. Nevertheless, I decided to try the Display Driver Uninstaller to maybe get rid of some junk that remained. However, when using the "reboot into safe mode" feature I got stuck in an "Automatic repair" loop that I could not get out of. Every time the computer rebooted it tried to boot into safe mode doing some automatic repair but failing, and after exploring the various menu options I was not sure how to get out of it. After googling for solutions on my phone for about an hour unsuccessfully I went for the "reset windows" option and reinstalled windows completely.

Since this uninstalled any existing drivers and applications present on the computer I figured it's worth waiting to see if the problem reemerges before tinkering too much. I did install the ASUS chipset drivers and the graphic drivers.

All of the dumps produced in this process was lost in the windows reinstallation. If the crash keep happening I will post again with the new data.

Thanks again for all the help.

Damn... Sorry to hear the install was lost. I hope you didn't lose anything too important or at least have back ups. As you say though if the issue returns please post back. Best of luck.. :)

It wasn't a huge problem. I don't really keep anything irreplaceable on my computer and it didn't actually touch personal files. It just cleared out the Windows and Program Files directories as far as I can tell while leaving downloads, desktop and such. Besides it was probably overdue for a cleanout anyway, maybe the problem went away when I don't have 5 years of crap installed any longer.

Unfortunately my computer still BSODs at seemingly random intervals, both when I'm using the computer and when I'm not even at home. I attached a new set of dumps, would appreciate any help you can give with interpreting them.

Attachments

• W7F_08-09-2016.zip
    855.7 KB · Views: 408
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+3302b )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
you had a number of different bugchecks although sadly all were inconclusive as to the actual culprit. The above is a watchdog violation as a deferred procedure overran it's allotted time. This can be caused by drivers but as i said nothing is revealed in either a back trace or the call stack.
You also had dump files for a non responsive secondary processor but again inconclusive analysis doesn't leave us much to go on.

Driver wise the only drivers which are of any age are the Marvel controller drivers:
mv91xx.sys Fri Oct 1 04:27:07 2010: Marvell 91xx SATA Controller Driver. When you tried the driver I found above (#2) did you run the driver as administrator? If not try right clicking the start up and choosing run as admin.

If the BSOD still continues then please run the driver verifier. First however you'll need to create a Recovery Disk/USB as the verifier can on occasion lead to a bsod boot loop. You'll need the recovery disk/usb to boot from, enter recovery, safe mode and then run the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will have been caught on a dump file:
Recovery disk/USB

Driver Verifier
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

BiosVersion = P1.60
ASRock > P67 Extreme4

Don't forget that the bios flash is still an option although get someone else to do it if your uncomfortable about the process.

Post any new dump files

Back