Windows 7 Front speaker makes very low sounds in windows 7

Eisen

Hi all!

I just installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. Everything is working fine, except for my 5.1 audio system. the front speaker is barely making any sounds, you can hear something coming from it, even if i put the volume up its not making it lauder. all of my other speakers are working as they should( side speakers, subwoofer), it's just the center speaker. All the cables are pluged in correctly (triple cheked them). All the latest audio and video drivers are installed( from my motherboards official site,realtek audio manager's site etc.), all are updated! No errors of any kind. I know it has something to do with windows 7 64bit, but the thing is i had this problem before, about pne year ago,exactly the same thing, but theni managed somehow to fix it. I use the same hardware and software like back then.
I welcome any ideas and help!
Thank you in advance!

Eisen

Hello and welcome to the Windows7forums,

Did this occur immediately after install.

Could you five us the exact make and model of your sound card?

Any other details about your system would help.

After i installed windows, i cheked if all of my speakers are working correctly, and it was all good.after that i only installed panda global protection antivirus program and a cyberlink power dvd application,that's it. Then when i wanted to see a movie on it, i noticed that the center speaker isnt working,since then it's like that.
My system:
Windows Ultimate 7 64 bit
DirectX 10.1
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, 2500 MHz (7.5 x 333)
4096 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV770 - High Definition Audio Controller
Realtek ALC889A @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller
The 5.1 hardware is a Genius product, i don't know the exact name of it, but if it's important i can find out!
Thanks for your help!!!

I installed the latest AC 97 driver, still the same. i unistalled power dvd software, just in case. Yes, the Genius hardware is an external device and it is outputting to 5.1 computer speakers.
I just tested the speakers on a different PC,there it was working fine,so its definetly a software problem,but i really tried every trick in the book.Should reinstall windows and see what happens? THe problem is that it was working fine on a windows 7 ultimate 64bit edition before,that's why i know it should be working!

Back