Windows 7 Full Registry Error, need some help!

Kerbankle

Hi!
cool.gif

I`ve been using this PC for over 5 months (Win 7 pro, Intel Core i7 2 cores, 16 g ram, 1 tb hd, 1 gb intel 520 graphics). From the beginning everything was OK, I was downloading and downloading programs, games, etc. About a month ago I stopped (after almost getting all my data eaten by a Trojan, Malware Bytes saved my ass
sarc.png
) . Now, I want to update a game or anything else ( just downloading a program), And I get this error -
"
Error creating key in registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\(name of game or programm)
RegCreateKeyEx error 1450
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
"
Nothing can get installed, even a registry cleaner (Haha, irony
cry.gif
)
I already read enough, I went into regeditor, Ive checked everything, deleted some registry entries of programs that were deleted a while ago, but this is still not working. I have no idea what is this, I dont know how to check my registry size. This is annoying the hell out of me
sick.gif

Until further notice, thanks for help in advance.

Hi,
unless you know what your doing then the registry is best left well alone..

Registry cleaners are simply not needed and can cause more harm than good.

If you have a system restore point then you can go back to point before the issue started?

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to effect a repair and would simply re-install Windows or if you can't do that try a RESET.

Hi,
unless you know what your doing then the registry is best left well alone..

Registry cleaners are simply not needed and can cause more harm than good.

If you have a system restore point then you can go back to point before the issue started?

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to effect a repair and would simply re-install Windows or if you can't do that try a RESET.
Sad, I really dont want to reinstall windows. Im kinda dumb in that direction. And how can I see if I have any system restore points? If I never done anything like that.
Will reinstalling windows delete my soft, and if not, how do I do it with no installation disk?
I already tried installing a registry cleaner ( I was desperate) but it wouldnt install, no registry memory.

how can I see if I have any system restore points?
This guide may help with the system restore
How to Enable System Restore (and Repair System Problems) on Windows 10

how do I do it with no installation disk?
You can download the Windows 10 iso to mount on either USB or disk.
(Remember when installing windows 10 you do not have to input an activation key. So when it asks just click the checkbox for I don't have one and Windows will automatically
activate once your online)
Windows 10

This guide may help with the system restore
How to Enable System Restore (and Repair System Problems) on Windows 10

You can download the Windows 10 iso to mount on either USB or disk.
(Remember when installing windows 10 you do not have to input an activation key. So when it asks just click the checkbox for I don't have one and Windows will automatically
activate once your online)
Windows 10
I really dont want win 10 on my machine, I have a lot of stuff for win 7
I would like to reinstall win 7 from a usb with no code/key. I bought my machine already having win 7 installed, the manufacturer didnt ship anything else, I do have win XP and vista disks lying around, but the downgrade to XP isw not favorable, Vista is just not for this planet.

I would like to reinstall win 7 from a usb with no code/key.
Apologies, as I automatically assumed you was running Windows 10.. Doh! I've got lot's going on at the mo' so tend to be a bit absent minded so sorry once again.

Unfortunately you won't be able to install Windows 7 without a key although being as the machine came with Win 7 pre-installed you may have the os in a rescue partition. You might have the option to 'return to factory defaults' which normally involves pressing a certain key when booting up.

If you can post the make and model of your machine I'll be able to tell you more.

Apologies, as I automatically assumed you was running Windows 10.. Doh! I've got lot's going on at the mo' so tend to be a bit absent minded so sorry once again.

Unfortunately you won't be able to install Windows 7 without a key although being as the machine came with Win 7 pre-installed you may have the os in a rescue partition. You might have the option to 'return to factory defaults' which normally involves pressing a certain key when booting up.

If you can post the make and model of your machine I'll be able to tell you more.
Its a mini pc, with no actual manufacturer. Here is what it says on the sticker -
Fanless Mini Pc
Model: FMP05-i7-6500U
That is it

Hmm...did you get it from Hystou Technology corp? They sell similar stuff so wondered if they were the same company.

If it is you could always give them a ring and ask for the disk as by rights it belongs to you. You could also check your HD disk via Disk management via the control panel. Look under admin tools for computer management followed by Storage. You should be able to tell whats in each partition and if your lucky you may have a copy of windows 7 already..

Poking around in the Registry without expert knowledge is no Bueno!

If you don't have a Rescue Partition as mentioned by kemical, it might be worth taking your PC into a Computer Pro and paying them to reinstall your System from the Rescue Partition if still available and you didn't delete it or someone else you let into your PC delete it. If the Rescue Partition is intact, the Tech can easily reinstall your W7 Pro and put back the factory image to OOB (Out-Of-Box) condition. And you're good to go!:up:

Another thing you can check to see whether or not your PC manufacturer included a utility program to produce factory Recovery Media (DVD or USB). Dell calls theirs Dell Media Recovery Assistant; other OEMs have their own names for this same utility. eMachines and some of the other guys even put this little option on a floating toolbar on the Windows desktop to make it easy for Users to locate. If that utility exists, you can create a factory Recovery Image on 2-12 DVD discs or a USB flash drive 8GB-16GB and reinstall your W7 Pro this way--

If you check your Owners Manual which you should be able to download from the PC manufacturer's website, it will tell you the name of the Media Creation utility and even how to find it on your W7 PC.

If you don't find it, and call the Manufacturer, they should be able to sell you the media (kemical didn't mention that it's customary for OEM computer makers to do this) for $29-$99 US. Depending on their location and your location is could take several weeks to get it. The PC maker usually pays shipping and handling or includes it in the cost of the media.

If the Manufacturer says they don't have it, or can't produce it personally I would junk that PC or sell it on ebay or similar online outlet and get an OEM computer (Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba, etc.) where there is good after-purchase support and good engineering involved. All of the top 20 OEM companies producing PCs/Laptops/Tablets do produce this media, and depending on the age of the machine, they may have it available on their shelves or can reproduce it from backup archive image servers.

The fact that your PC maker does not, if that's the case, have factory Recovery Media available for your PC indicates that they are not a professional organization. And it goes without saying the old saw: "You Get What You Pay For". If buying a PC from a reputable firm rankles your skin, you can always build your own PC, and purchase generic Microsoft retail Media and control your own destiny if you ever encounter a similar problem where you have to rebuild your PC from scratch--you will already have the necessary Windows install Media to do so. Further, if you lose that Media, you can always download the OS again from Microsoft for free.

Some things to try and think about.:lightbulb:

Best,:D
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hmm...did you get it from Hystou Technology corp? They sell similar stuff so wondered if they were the same company.

If it is you could always give them a ring and ask for the disk as by rights it belongs to you. You could also check your HD disk via Disk management via the control panel. Look under admin tools for computer management followed by Storage. You should be able to tell whats in each partition and if your lucky you may have a copy of windows 7 already..
My Pc names it self Hystou

Poking around in the Registry without expert knowledge is no Bueno!

If you don't have a Rescue Partition as mentioned by kemical, it might be worth taking your PC into a Computer Pro and paying them to reinstall your System from the Rescue Partition if still available and you didn't delete it or someone else you let into your PC delete it. If the Rescue Partition is intact, the Tech can easily reinstall your W7 Pro and put back the factory image to OOB (Out-Of-Box) condition. And you're good to go!:up:

Another thing you can check to see whether or not your PC manufacturer included a utility program to produce factory Recovery Media (DVD or USB). Dell calls theirs Dell Media Recovery Assistant; other OEMs have their own names for this same utility. eMachines and some of the other guys even put this little option on a floating toolbar on the Windows desktop to make it easy for Users to locate. If that utility exists, you can create a factory Recovery Image on 2-12 DVD discs or a USB flash drive 8GB-16GB and reinstall your W7 Pro this way--

If you check your Owners Manual which you should be able to download from the PC manufacturer's website, it will tell you the name of the Media Creation utility and even how to find it on your W7 PC.

If you don't find it, and call the Manufacturer, they should be able to sell you the media (kemical didn't mention that it's customary for OEM computer makers to do this) for $29-$99 US. Depending on their location and your location is could take several weeks to get it. The PC maker usually pays shipping and handling or includes it in the cost of the media.

If the Manufacturer says they don't have it, or can't produce it personally I would junk that PC or sell it on ebay or similar online outlet and get an OEM computer (Dell, HP, Acer, Toshiba, etc.) where there is good after-purchase support and good engineering involved. All of the top 20 OEM companies producing PCs/Laptops/Tablets do produce this media, and depending on the age of the machine, they may have it available on their shelves or can reproduce it from backup archive image servers.

The fact that your PC maker does not, if that's the case, have factory Recovery Media available for your PC indicates that they are not a professional organization. And it goes without saying the old saw: "You Get What You Pay For". If buying a PC from a reputable firm rankles your skin, you can always build your own PC, and purchase generic Microsoft retail Media and control your own destiny if you ever encounter a similar problem where you have to rebuild your PC from scratch--you will already have the necessary Windows install Media to do so. Further, if you lose that Media, you can always download the OS again from Microsoft for free.

Some things to try and think about.:lightbulb:

Best,:D
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>
So there is no easy way to fix up this tiny problem. Great. Welp, gonna use this machine untill I need to install smthng new. I have no idea were to call.
Hey, I think its no prob if I get a new win 7 disk, I dont think they cost too much

Yup; in our biz we call this a "no-name Clone PC" or other expletive deleted name not appropriate for this forum!;)

Thought I'd give you some insight from a repair technician's viewpoint. Without proper support, or good engineering, which most folks often don't consider when shopping for a computer--they just want the cheapest price with good specs and never stop to think about having to repair it when it breaks, which often involves a complete Windows OS reinstallation, factory Image Recovery, and or major hardware component failure replacements such as the Motherboard; they will never encounter your particular problem. PCs have been around since '75 or so, and many of these features have been engineered into modern-era PCs (made 2009 or later); so if your PC doesn't have them you have to ask yourself the question? Why not? Why doesn't my PC have these advanced engineering features? Did they do it to cut corners or cut costs or both? Well, you get the picture.:rolleyes:

Did you try doing a Google search on the name of the company; Hystou? I did a simple search, and came up with the Hystou website as the link here shows: Hystou Mini PC Computer Fanless PC

They are located in China, along with their contact phone numbers and E-mail. It's certainly worth an E-mail or a phone call to them to see whether they have W7 Recovery Media available for purchase or not. You may be surprised; they may have it available and willing to sell & ship to you; your problem may yet be solved.:up: (I think you gave up too easily on this solution).

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BBJ>>> :brew: :usa:

So there is no easy way to fix up this tiny problem. Great. Welp, gonna use this machine untill I need to install smthng new. I have no ide

Yup; in our biz we call this a "no-name Clone PC" or other expletive deleted name not appropriate for this forum!;)

Thought I'd give you some insight from a repair technician's viewpoint. Without proper support, or good engineering, which most folks often don't consider when shopping for a computer--they just want the cheapest price with good specs and never stop to think about having to repair it when it breaks, which often involves a complete Windows OS reinstallation, factory Image Recovery, and or major hardware component failure replacements such as the Motherboard; they will never encounter your particular problem. PCs have been around since '75 or so, and many of these features have been engineered into modern-era PCs (made 2009 or later); so if your PC doesn't have them you have to ask yourself the question? Why not? Why doesn't my PC have these advanced engineering features? Did they do it to cut corners or cut costs or both? Well, you get the picture.:rolleyes:

Did you try doing a Google search on the name of the company; Hystou? I did a simple search, and came up with the Hystou website as the link here shows: Hystou Mini PC Computer Fanless PC

They are located in China, along with their contact phone numbers and E-mail. It's certainly worth an E-mail or a phone call to them to see whether they have W7 Recovery Media available for purchase or not. You may be surprised; they may have it available and willing to sell & ship to you; your problem may yet be solved.:up: (I think you gave up too easily on this solution).

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BBJ>>> :brew: :usa:
Alright, I will try it out. Thanks for the advice. When do you get the time to write such big answers, my essays in school were smaller ;)

Uh, probably cause I'm retired, and don't have to get up and go to a job everyday! LOL.:ahaha: And if you search on my Username on the forum here, you'll find that the response I wrote to you is one of my short responses--I'm both an Engineer and a Teacher so I guess it's just hardwired into my brain.:skull: Also, I endeavor to help folks who can't afford to pay for professional computer services and it's my way of giving back to the Global Village.

Best,:cool:
<<<BBJ>>>

Uh, probably cause I'm retired, and don't have to get up and go to a job everyday! LOL.:ahaha: And if you search on my Username on the forum here, you'll find that the response I wrote to you is one of my short responses--I'm both an Engineer and a Teacher so I guess it's just hardwired into my brain.:skull: Also, I endeavor to help folks who can't afford to pay for professional computer services and it's my way of giving back to the Global Village.

<<<BBJ>>>
Its great there are people like you. Well, I REALLY have no money, so I doubt I will even afford the W7 Recovery Media if its not free. So i will probably live on for a little while, then sell this machine to some guy for 120 bucks. Its a mid to high range spec-wise machine, the tb hardrive and 16 gb of RAM do cost enough. The Ram will probably go for my laptops, to cards of 8 is good. Overwise, thanks for the help, I will mark this thread as resolved, and if I have trouble I will write later. Great forum btw, I thought the idea of forums was dead for about 7 years, but no, here you guys are.
EDIT
OH SHACKS
You cant mark anything here XD, my bad!
I was on a dead forum recently where they had this option, I was just googling about with my problem. I wrote to 5 websites, this is the only one that answered

Aha I thought it looked familiar.. I googled your serial number above which gave the name Hystou :) The site does have a telephone number but I'm not sure whether you'd get a disk out of them?.. Perhaps worth a try tho

<<<BBJ>>>

HYSTOU TECHNOLOGY CO., LIMITED · ecplaza.net
Welp, Ifound the guy, probably some worker or manager at the company. Here is his google+ Kelly Shaw - Google+
Ive sent HIM an email yesterday, still waiting for an answer. Ill report later.

Back