Windows 7 Game issues on Windows 64 bit? Why?

Wisper7

I have done pretty much everything I can think of to fix this problem. I have a:

3.0 Ghz Dual Core Intel cpu
4670 HD Radeon ATI graphics card
4 GB Ram
500 GB HD
Internet connection is fine...

I recently upgraded to Win 7 because I wanted to be able to take advantage of DX10-11, and will be upgrading video card shortly. However, my gaming experience has been reduced dramatically with the switch because of either a combination of lag, low fps, or both.

Basically, during games such as Battlefield Bad Company 2, or TrackMania, there are frequent pauses that might last only a split second but seem to be freezing the game. And the picture in general just doens't seem as smooth. I have reduced settings to as low as possible and nothing improves. I had no problems with XP.

So far I have turned off many services, changed a few things in the registry having to do with sound and TCP, and waited for indexing to stop. However, I will be forced to reinstall XP again until microsoft can fix this, unless I can find a solution myself.

If you guys need any more information, I would greatly appreciate your help, and so will willingly give you it. HELP! :D

More info:

Windows Build: Windows 7 Proffessional, 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, x64-based PC
Processor: Intel Core Duo E8400 3.00 GHz
BIOs version: F6, 11/14/2008
SMBIOS version: 2.4

Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom