Windows 7 !!! Games wont start on Windows 7 !!!

HansOssip

I just clean installed Windows 7 and some games like NBA 2k10 and Need for speed: Underground 2 just wont start when im clicking on them. The computer thinks a little bit and then nothing will happen. Can someone PLEASE help me, I have like searched the answer for this [problem] like 2 whole days, comeon guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for my bad language, but im really desperate about this PROBLEM. And i have checked the compability tool and it offers to run windows vista service pack 1 and this also doesent work. More suggsestions what to do, please?

do any games run ?

what does windows experience index give you ?
(right click my computer and run the WEI)

do you have all (needed) versions of direct x installed ?
(run dxdiag)

Experience tool gives me total grade 1.0, and all other stats are normal but graphic and gaming graphic are 1.0, and when I run DirectX Diagnostic tool, then he says no problems were detected but "DirectX features": DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D acceleration, AGP texture acceleration all of them are not available, can this be the answer?

Experience tool gives me total grade 1.0, and all other stats are normal but graphic and gaming graphic are 1.0, and when I run DirectX Diagnostic tool, then he says no problems were detected but "DirectX features": DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D acceleration, AGP texture acceleration all of them are not available, can this be the answer?

yes :frown:

that suggest your graphics accelerator isn't installed :mad:

what are your basic system specs ??

well is it a laptop or desktop PC and made by what company , if you provide a model number we can see what it should have, and do you know what CPU and RAM and graphics card does it have ?

Here is the picture of my system information: Link Removed due to 404 Error
And here is some picture of my graphics card information: Link Removed due to 404 Error
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT is the name of my graphics card :)

if you right click "my computer" \ properties then open device manager from the list on the left are there any exclamation marks next to any devices ?

Here is the picture of my system information: Link Removed due to 404 Error
And here is some picture of my graphics card information: Link Removed due to 404 Error
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT is the name of my graphics card :)

I believe there are lot's of people experiencing problems installing drivers with the Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT integrated graphics cards ...........

your spec says you have a Dell XPS M1530 notebook , with a 2gig CPU and 4 gig ram and a 32 bit operating system

try going to Link Removed - Invalid URL and enter your service tag , pick your model (XPS M1530) and login to get access to all the drivers, download and install the graphics card drivers for your NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT , then let us know how it went and if it worked :cool:

Back