Windows 7 Gears of War

I have never played the game so can only suggest you update drivers ect although whenever I have a problem with a game I nearly always go to the main website for the game to check for patches. I also checkout forums associated with whatever game it is and usually find an answer therein..

I have never played the game so can only suggest you update drivers ect although whenever I have a problem with a game I nearly always go to the main website for the game to check for patches. I also checkout forums associated with whatever game it is and usually find an answer therein..

In fact i have checked every thing, microsoft and GOW websites and forums, only one forum was discussing this issue :
Gears of War crashes - Games for Windows Live

but it is not completed .
any way thank you for your concern.

I found this after a little googling: Link Removed due to 404 Error

If that doesn't help perhaps the forum contains other possible fixes?

Re: Fix gears of war non running problem

how to make gears of war work on windows 7 in 10 steps

1: full install the game

2: get the latest patch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967644

3: install the patch

4: get a no cd patch (stops it asking for correct disk)
Link Removed - Invalid URL

5: on your pc go to th game directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries

6: select the file startup.exe and delete it

7: copy your new downloaded exe to the directory to replace it

8: right click startup.exe and use compatability selecting windows 95
(lol YES windows 95)

9: right click the file WarGame-G4WLive.exe use compatability and this time select the windows xp option

10: run the game from startup.exe or your games folder in start and enjoy, works 100% for me was amazed i even got it to work

oh if your game sticks on exit just press escape

this also works with virtual drives installed

the patch works for gears on any windows but it will still ask for the correct disk

happy gaming!!

Hi,

I did every step mentioned here and when i tried to run the game by double clicking the startup.exe file i got an error message says that startup.exe has stopped working , but if run the game via WarGame-G4WLive.exe it will start loading and once Microsoft logo appears the game crashes to desktop without any error message.

Please help :(

i have diffrent problems and i hope to find solution here
when i start the game i got messege that my hardware does not meet the minimum requirements for the game:S
my lab is pavilion dv6 1390ev
2.66 Ghz
4.00GB DDR3
4650 ATI with 1GB dedicated memory
how come that specifications does not meet the minimum requirements for the game
please any help me
my e-mail [email protected]
Thanks

install the game in Vista then run it. After that, copy the game folder and paste it in your windows 7 PC. It should work, I've tried and tested it. !

Back