Windows 7 GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I'm now blowing taps over the video card in my HTPC, and about to order the card in the titleas it's replacement, but before doing so I wanted to see if anyone has anything negative to say about it, or if they feel that there is a better choice it it's price range?

EDIT: I forgot to include in the title that it is an EVGA card.

Last edited:
It's really just a basic GPU. It' will be fine if you're just going to be using it to stream movies/videos/lite gaming and the like. If you're going to be using it to video edit, serious gaming and heavy 3d rendering...really graphic intensive stuff, then you'll need a high end card. Something like the Nvidia 670 or 680 series or in the AMD line the 7750 or 7780 series. It really depends on what you want it to do and the budget for it.

From what you say, it sounds like it would be right for my purposes, but I prefer to ask questions rather than being sorry. The main reason that I focused on this card is because it has 2GBs of memory, rather than only 768MBs like the card in my desktop, which I'm hoping might have a good effect on a problem that I'm having with one program, which sometimes complains about being out of memory. I really don't know that the memory in question is that of the video card, but since I can't find any other problems, I have a hunch that it might be.

Actually, I don't intend to put this card in the HTPC, I will swap the current desktop card for it and put the new card in the desktop. The only thing that I've read that isn't quite right is that this card is for PCIe 3.0, and my motherboard is 2.0. The things that I've read said that the adverse effect is negligle, and if true it shouldn't be a problem for me, but if it could be a problem for anyone, it would be me.

PCIe 3.0 is referring to the bus speed....there are no adverse affects. The slot will just revert to the 2.0 PCIe speed if a 2.0 GPU card is installed, which is a tad bit slower as all. Same difference with USB 3.0 and 2.0, you and stick a 2.0 usb device in a 3.0 port and it will work just fine, just at the 2.0 speeds.

Back