Windows 7 Get blueish grey screen with lines goin horizontaly down the screen

gweari

When ever I try and watch Youtube videos or any type of movie or tv show from megavideo or any other site my computer freezes and gets this blueish grey screen. I cant do anything so I have to restart. It also does it randomly. Also my friends girlfriend is having the same problem and he cant figure it out. This has been going one since I got this new computer and put wins7 on it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

sorry i didnt put this on

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.4, 7/2/2009
Adapter Type ATI display adapter (0x6898), ATI Technologies Inc. compatible
Adapter Description ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)
Driver Version 8.671.0.0
Bits/Pixel 32
I dont know what else to put so if im missing something tell me what it is and where to find it

Is there an result to this problem yet? as im having the exact same problem, mainly when im trying to burn or make a DVD.

My system:

Intel i5 750 @ 3.06ghz
Gigabyte GU-P55-UD6
2 x 500gb WD HDD in Raid 1
ATI HD Radeon 5770 GFX card
4gb Gskill ram
LG blue ray combo drive
Pioneer DVD writer
Coolermaster v8 Cooler

I'm glad we've fixed your problem @daviboy
@gweari - Have you tried watching YouTube videos in Safe Mode?

Go to Internet Options, choose the Programs Tags and see how many are listed.

Ti could take s screen shot and upload it here.

Hopefiully you fon't have a lot of roolvars duch as Ask,com, google, Yahoo, rtc,

Last edited:
When ever I try and watch Youtube videos or any type of movie or tv show from megavideo or any other site my computer freezes and gets this blueish grey screen. I cant do anything so I have to restart. It also does it randomly. Also my friends girlfriend is having the same problem and he cant figure it out. This has been going one since I got this new computer and put wins7 on it. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Check that all your drivers are the latest versions including chipset and sound. These are often missed and are just as important. Also check your motherboard bios is the latest version too..

Back
Top Bottom