Windows 8 Get The Start Menu Back In Windows 8

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Previous builds of Windows 8 featured a registry setting that made switching back to a Windows 7-style interface, complete with Start Menu, a simple task. Sadly, this tweak doesn’t work in the recently released Consumer Preview. However, there is a way of getting it back, if you don’t mind using a third-party tool. Image: LeeSoft. ViStart began life as a app for Windows XP that provide ...

Source: Yahoo! News

I just UN-Installed, Classic shell, Vista Start Menu, Reg Clean Pro and Babylon Toolbar,
after downloading and installing "Vistart" from Lee-Soft.com

Now I have my Start button, a programs menu that's pretty much like Win-7 and I can finally start using Win-8 like as if it were a real OS.

What a find that was.
Thank you very much!
The Doctor :cool:

I also installed ViStart. Looks and feels like WIn 7. Can not pin an app to the Start Menu (one difference) but otherwise, pretty similar. Also can't turn Control Panel link to menu format (customize) but those are the only 2 differences I have found.

Definitely, during the install, uncheck the Babylon junk, then decline the Babylon and RegClean Pro Junk. If you do this they will not be installed at all.

This is the correct button to start your download:

Correctvistartdownload.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom