Windows 7 Getting startup beep and Windows starts, then stops and green led blinks 3 sec on, 3 sec off

rbdaves

Extraordinary Member
The only way I can get my computer to start is to cut, then restore power. Then I get the beep, and the Windows introduction graphics start showing up. Then the machine abruptly shuts down and the green led blinks 3 sec on, 3 sec off. The next time I cut and restore power, I may get a screen that offers to "restore". That option may or may not work. If it does work, the computer finally boots and acts normally. Or I might get a screen giving me the option to repair or start normally. Choosing to start normally usually works. What do I need to do?

GET A NEW ****ING COMPUTER MADE TO RUN WINDOWS 7 , LIKE THE ONE I HAVE NOW WRITING THIS REPLY ! vs THE OLD PIECE OF **** I STILL HAVE AND HARDLY EVER USE ANYMORE ,THAT NEVER RAN WIN 7 THE WAY WIN 7 IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED !

GET A NEW ****ING COMPUTER MADE TO RUN WINDOWS 7 , LIKE THE ONE I HAVE NOW WRITING THIS REPLY ! vs THE OLD PIECE OF **** I STILL HAVE AND HARDLY EVER USE ANYMORE ,THAT NEVER RAN WIN 7 THE WAY WIN 7 IS MEANT TO BE PLAYED !

This was no help at all.

I discovered that my hard drive had crashed and was able to restore previously backed up data to another hard drive. Computer is up and running.

I am back and still have a problem. Replaced the HD, but the computer shuts down at unpredicatble times. The green activity light on the front of the case blinks-on 3 sec, then off 3 sec. Then the only way to get it to start is to cut and renew power. I would really appreciate some help here. That post by BoogyMon was of little help. Isn't there someone out there with some smarts that can help me?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 15 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1023 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 157065 MB, Free - 107841 MB; G: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 205654 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, MS-7125
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2012, Updated and Enabled

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom