Windows 7 Gigabyte Motherboard Drivers GA-P35-DS3L

jdlewis77

Hi.

I am using the latest build I could get hold of for the 64 bit version of windows 7 and am having a little trouble getting my motherboards SATA ports to work with it. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 board with an overclocked Core2Duo E7200 cpu, Radeon 3870 and a Creative X-FI Extreme Gamer sound card.

I have managed to get around my sound problems by using the Vista 64bit drivers in compatibility mode + alchemy however I can only access my PATA drive and not my SATA one. I have tried doing the compatibility mode trick with this to no avail and Gigabyte do not seem to be supporting Windows 7 yet even in beta form (considering how soon Windows 7 will be coming out, you would expect a company that big to have a beta by now).

Any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated.

Hi.

I am using the latest build I could get hold of for the 64 bit version of windows 7 and am having a little trouble getting my motherboards SATA ports to work with it. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 board with an overclocked Core2Duo E7200 cpu, Radeon 3870 and a Creative X-FI Extreme Gamer sound card.

I have managed to get around my sound problems by using the Vista 64bit drivers in compatibility mode + alchemy however I can only access my PATA drive and not my SATA one. I have tried doing the compatibility mode trick with this to no avail and Gigabyte do not seem to be supporting Windows 7 yet even in beta form (considering how soon Windows 7 will be coming out, you would expect a company that big to have a beta by now).

Any suggestions or fixes would be appreciated.
Is Win 7 Beta the only system in this PC or you have an earlier Windows like Vista x64 or Win XP X64?. If you had VISTA 64-Bit, were you able to install in your SATA HDD? What make and Model HDD is in SATA connector? With some of these details I will try to assist you because I have installed several Win 7 Beta Builds ( both x32 and X64 Bits in different self built computers with both SATA and PATA HDDs in multi-boot mode to perform "stress tests" with different hardware and software , and networking with Windows and Linux distros .

Is Win 7 Beta the only system in this PC or you have an earlier Windows like Vista x64 or Win XP X64?. If you had VISTA 64-Bit, were you able to install in your SATA HDD? What make and Model HDD is in SATA connector? With some of these details I will try to assist you because I have installed several Win 7 Beta Builds ( both x32 and X64 Bits in different self built computers with both SATA and PATA HDDs in multi-boot mode to perform "stress tests" with different hardware and software , and networking with Windows and Linux distros .

I am dual-booting with Windows XP Home Edition installed on my SATA drive which all works fine, if a lot slower than Windows 7. I have the PATA hdd which Windows 7 is on as the default boot device and XP has all the drivers for the system loaded and working. The SATA disc is a Hitachi 500Gb model with 8 mb cache. No networking involved in the setup apart from my Virgin Media broadband connection.

Last edited:
I am dual-booting with Windows XP Home Edition installed on my SATA drive which all works fine, if a lot slower than Windows 7. I have the PATA hdd which Windows 7 is on as the default boot device and XP has all the drivers for the system loaded and working. The SATA disc is a Hitachi 500Gb model with 8 mb cache. No networking involved in the setup apart from my Virgin Media broadband connection.

You may try this:

1. Download and save on optical disc or flash drive the latest VISTA 64 Bit Drivers for all onboard devices specifically Chipset Drivers for your GA-P35-DS3L MoBO from GIGABYTE download site in case you have not already done that.
  2. Insert your Win 7 DVD in the DVD or DVD-RW drive and Restart the PC.
  3. During bootup, enter the BIOS setup and make sure Setup has shown your Hitachi 500GB SATA drive as properly installed.
  4. In the BIOS setup change your HDD boot priority from PATA to SATA as being number 1
  5. In Boot Sequence choose DVD drive to boot before HDD
  6. Press F10 to Save settings and reboot.
  7. Press the key to boot from DVD
  8. IF your SATA HDD is not seen in Drive selection , click Load Driver and point to the Flash Drive containing your VISTA -64 SATA Controller driver from GigaByte
  9. Do the partition and format as you like
  10. Watch and wait for your input into the otherwise smooth automatic setup.
I hope this helps.

I will check the thread in 18 hrs .

Back
Top Bottom