Windows 8 Going back to Windows 7

Cyphx03

So, I used to have Windows 7, and it was great, but to me, Windows 8.1 is crap. I think I finally was able to figure out the whole process of removing Windows 8.1 from my system and installing Windows 7. However, I did a lot of things on Windows 8.1 and don't want to lose my data. Does anyone know of a program that I can use to backup my all of my data and retrieve it later.? It is a lot of data, and its probably over 200 GB.

The easiest would be to just copy the user files to an external disk. With a USB3 disk that will be pretty fast but even with a USB2 disk you can let it run in the background.

I would not recommend any fancy program because there you never know what is happening and the data may later be inaccessible.

The easiest would be to just copy the user files to an external disk. With a USB3 disk that will be pretty fast but even with a USB2 disk you can let it run in the background.

I would not recommend any fancy program because there you never know what is happening and the data may later be inaccessible.
I would do that, but like I said, it is a LOT of data. It's too late now anyway, because I already removed Windows 8.1 Pro and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks anyway, though.

You could have moved all important documents and data to a separate drive or partition. Granted this is not a cheap option, and you are going to, in many ways, compromise your situation when it comes to upgrading the operating system. Sorry you are having these issues. I have often recommended Start8 and ModernMix to people who do not like the "Modern UI" (giant unending scrolling full-screen interface for touch screens). Since then, I have not left my desktop, happily enough. Not literally speaking of course. I have left the computer, on occasion, to return to the physical universe.

For what it's worth now, I always back up my data, NOT using any backup software.

It's much safer just to copy it to an external hard drive, and have the ability to copy it back when ever you want to, one or a lot of files at a time.

This way you don't have to depend on 3rd party software to do it.

I do you backup software to make a disk image of my operating system drive.

Last edited:
I used windows xp,7, 8 and 8.1 . Windows 8 GUI is really awesome but performance windows 8 still have too many bugs.

Back