Windows Forum Admin
AMD has released the Crimson Edition 16.9.1 driver for the HD 7700, HD 8500 series and above on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSON16.9.1
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Highlights
- Support for:
- Deus Ex™: Mankind Divided (DirectX®12)
- New AMD CrossFire profile added for DirectX® 11:
- A small number of 144Hz non-FreeSync enabled displays may exhibit flickering during gaming or on desktop.
- FreeSync may stay enabled while on desktop causing flickering.
- Grand Theft Auto V™ may experience an application hang after loading story mode.
- DiRT™ Rally rain drops may flicker when using high or ultra in game settings.
- DOOM™ may experience a hang on game exit in some limited AMD PowerXpress configurations.
- Total War™: Warhammer may experience negative AMD CrossFire scaling on some Radeon RX 400 series configurations.
- GPU utilization may remain high when idle after running SteamVR performance benchmark.
- Pixel format options may be missing from Radeon Settings for some limited system configurations on Radeon RX 480 graphics.
- Radeon Software may intermittently fail to install or hang on some AMD CrossFire configurations. If this happens users can reboot and re-install without issue as a workaround.
- Some Radeon RX 400 series graphics products may experience high GPU usage when resuming from sleep.
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
- Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
- OpenCL applications may run initially on integrated graphics if they are present. Make sure to set the application to the correct device you would like to use.
- Radeon Settings information tab may report incorrect Open CL or Mantle versions.
- Radeon Software installer may report driver uninstallation failed even when it was successful.
- No Man's Sky™ some minor corruption may be experienced when standing close to solid structures inside of caves.
- Mouse cursor corruption may be experienced very intermittently on the Radeon RX 480.
- DOTA2™ may experience an application hang when using the Vulkan™ API and changing resolution or game/quality settings.
- Ashes of the Singularity™ may experience an application crash with "crazy" in game settings and Multi-GPU enabled.
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 installation package contains the following:
The Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
- Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver Version 16.40.2011
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver for Windows® 10 32-bit
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver for Windows® 8.1 64-bit
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver for Windows® 8.1 32-bit
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit
- AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.9.1 Driver for Windows® 7 32-bit