Windows 7 graphics card ATI 3600 series

com4blynumb

I have upgraded to windows 7 from xp pro. I am using the same video card ... ATI HD 3600 series. With xp and this card I had no problems watching movies using VLC player on my big screen, ( having cloned my desktop)
After a fresh install of win 7 and checking to see if this video card was compatible with Microsoft upgrade site it stated yes.Everything on my desktop work perfectly, however, when i switch over to the big screen around the outside i get vertical lines appearing. When I turn on vlc player the movie plays, again i am giving those red vertical lines apperaring around the outside of the picture, plus some pixel scramble within the movie .

Now this is telling me I may have a wrong driver installed, so I upgraded the driver through the ATI site and installed it. I still have the same problem.

So now what I am asking is.... do you think this video card needs to be upgraded, I have looked at the ATI HD 4750 series, however I don't know if this will correct my problem or which card i should buy.

Does anyone have a solution or idea what i need to do???
I welcome all comments and thank you in advance.

reghakr... thanks for your reply. I downloaded the newest ati driver and I still have the same problem. Do u think I may need to upgrade the card as I am perplexed how to correct this ......... any other thoughts????

I am running an Ausu motherboard M3a78-cm , 4gb of ram, and an amd phenom II x4920 2.8 ghz chip. 500 w powersupply. I have put this system together myself and just keep upgrading as required. The ati card was being used piror to the new cpu & motherboard. When I had xp pro installed and watching video's and movies on my bid screen I had no problems. This just all started since installing windows 7.
Do u think a newer card will correct this?????

You system specs look very good.

As for could I be certain it would work, I can;t answer that question.:)

If you look for a higher-end card, I;d look on the box to see if it says it's Windows 7 compatible

I have upgraded to windows 7 from xp pro. I am using the same video card ... ATI HD 3600 series. With xp and this card I had no problems watching movies using VLC player on my big screen, ( having cloned my desktop)
After a fresh install of win 7 and checking to see if this video card was compatible with Microsoft upgrade site it stated yes.Everything on my desktop work perfectly, however, when i switch over to the big screen around the outside i get vertical lines appearing. When I turn on vlc player the movie plays, again i am giving those red vertical lines apperaring around the outside of the picture, plus some pixel scramble within the movie .

Now this is telling me I may have a wrong driver installed, so I upgraded the driver through the ATI site and installed it. I still have the same problem.

So now what I am asking is.... do you think this video card needs to be upgraded, I have looked at the ATI HD 4750 series, however I don't know if this will correct my problem or which card i should buy.

Does anyone have a solution or idea what i need to do???
I welcome all comments and thank you in advance.

Hi,
Is your motherboard bios the latest version? Also, make sure you have updated all your drivers including chipset and sound. (these are often overlooked)

Drew.......that's very good news. Looks like I will be staying away from ATI video cards . And take a look at the Geforce 210. I really appreciate you relying this too me. I guess some ATI cards has issues with Windows 7 ?? Again I thank you for helping me solve my problem. Depending on prices I may look at the geforce 250 as well.

Ati hd 3200

My video card is ATI HD 3200,I have upgraded to windows 7 from xp pro too. When I watching movies,there is no problem. The windows 7 has my video card driver,so I am not install the driver alone.

Back