Windows 10 Gray lines on monitor

Sonny

Excellent Member
While using TeamViewer to help a friend who is having gray lines on her monitor and nothing else. I could see nothing from my end. Everything looked normal. She took a picture of what she was seeing. I will post it here. Any ideas as to what is wrong. I uninstalled her graphic drivers and reinstalled them. Didn't help. I know she has a Lenovo laptop. Don't know the make or model of it.

42917033_2193500074305868_6348808188657139712_n.jpg

Graphics problems manifesting on the physical system and not viewed remotely is more than likely a hardware problem (bad screen). Testing with an external monitor would be the next step. If the display is fine on the external then the screen is bad.

Graphics problems manifesting on the physical system and not viewed remotely is more than likely a hardware problem (bad screen). Testing with an external monitor would be the next step. If the display is fine on the external then the screen is bad.

Thanks Neemobeer, she doesn't have another monitor but is going to check with some of her friends close by to see if they got one. Reading your answer makes a lot of sense to me.

Agreed.. Nice post.

Back
Top Bottom