Windows 7 GTA IV - Hanging for a view seconds every now and then

Hello,

I've got a little problems and I was wondering if you could help me. This week I've upgraded to windows 7 but when I play GTA IV now, it hangs for a view seconds every now and then. Especcially when riding the car and turning with the car.

Can anyone help me?

Ps. I'm dutch so if there are any mistakes in this message, please don't pay attention to it.

Hi,
this could be caused by one or two things but let's start with the obvious.. Is your graphic driver the latest version? Is the game patched to the latest release? Lastly, try defragging your HDD..

Thanks for the respond but it didn't help.

I've downloaded (several times) the latest patch.
I've analysed the HDD, and it turned out it wasn't necissary to defrag (1%) .
But what do you mean with the upgrade for the grapic driver (I'm not a pro with computers but I do know the basics)?

The game ran just well on windows vista. And so did my other games. And my other games still run fine on windows 7 (Batman: Arkham Asylum).

Are you using the latest driver for your graphic card? If not, check the Vista multimedia section of the forum where you'll find links for driver updates..

What about other stuff like system bios, chipset drivers (often overlooked) and sound?

Back