Windows 10 Hard drive erased after installation ?

Clemgoff

Hi all,

I just upgraded from Windows 10 32bits to 64. I used an external hard drive for that and of course, I didn't think about it, everything is gone. Some of it wasn't backed up, so I'd like to get the data back if possible, it'd mean the world to me. My little bit of hope is that my hard drive (which was 250go) is now about 34Go and FAT32 (I believe it was ExFAT beforehand). Could the data still be in a hidden partition somewhere ? Thank you !!!

You can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit so it would have been a clean install (basically wiping out data).

You shouldn't have any problems recovering your data.
GetDataBackNTFS or Testdisk work really well. Make sure when recovering files you don't recover to the disk you are recovering from.

Go to C:/ drive and there should be windows.old folder, there is salvaged (may be missing somewhere) data from previous install.

You can't upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit so it would have been a clean install (basically wiping out data).

You shouldn't have any problems recovering your data.
GetDataBackNTFS or Testdisk work really well. Make sure when recovering files you don't recover to the disk you are recovering from.
Yeah it is indeed possible to upgrade, I had a 64-bit capable pc but windows 32 was installed on it, upgraded and everything works great. I’ve tried a lot of different software and was never able to recover the data. Gonna take je disk to a computer shop soon... thanks for your reply !

Yeah it is indeed possible to upgrade, I had a 64-bit capable pc but windows 32 was installed on it, upgraded and everything works great. I’ve tried a lot of different software and was never able to recover the data. Gonna take je disk to a computer shop soon... thanks for your reply !
No it is not. You will lose all your data and applications.

Back