Hard Drive Partition

ArchTech

I'm planning to partition my current Hard Drive, yet this could be the first time to partition my currently use HD(yet I did pration before but before I install OS, yet this is my second reformated drive cuz by OS conflicts & I forgot to make two partitions). Yet I just want to know if it's safe, I have Partition Magic 8 and more than half free space I have...yet I don't want yet to reformat and pration my HD cuz I don't have much time to backup it all more than 10GB files and there's no one day I don't use my PC..

Please tell me if it's safe to partition my hard drive without corrupting files nor damaging OS....thanks! :)

It is safe, however you can only partition unused space.
And partition magic won't work in Vista

Well, i would recommend that you download the gParted live CD, and use that. I used it to resize my vista partition and create a partition to install XP on my laptop. It broke Vista, but I was able to use the DVD to fix the boot errors.

Paragon Disk Manager works with Vista, haven't tried it with Win 7 yet. I used it to partition my 300gb HD in Vista and when I installed Win 7 on the second partition, it killed the MBR so I used PDM to restore the 3rd partition and everything works fine, no files lost

Dual booting Vista & Win 7 with 200gb backup partition.

Well, i would recommend that you download the gParted live CD, and use that. I used it to resize my vista partition and create a partition to install XP on my laptop. It broke Vista, but I was able to use the DVD to fix the boot errors.
It works the same way with Windows 7...I think we should start referring to Windows 7 as Se7en because its shorter. Just saying 7 wouldn't make sense in some places and Windows 7 is too long. XD

Works with se7en but you have to repair the start up with the se7en install CD.

Back