waynesanjay

i have a ECS Elite Group black series mother board
500gig harddrive and a 320 gig harddrive
amd phenom triple core
2 gig ddr3
600watts powersupply
gforce 8800gt 512mb
i was playing game online when my pc suddenly stuck n restared...then it says sata slave S.M.A.R.T capable status bad. backup and replace.
then i restarted n it started up till the welcome screen n restarted again....then gave the same problem. but its saying it for both partitions i have very sensitive information on the partition and do not want to lose it any advice on what to do to fix this problem?

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like your computer is encountering issues related to the S.M.A.R.T status of your SATA drives, indicating possible disk failure. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem without losing your sensitive data:
### 1. Backup Your Data
Before proceeding with any troubleshooting, it's crucial to back up your sensitive information to ensure you don't lose any data in case the hard drives fail completely.
### 2. Check SATA Connections
- Ensure that the SATA cables connecting the hard drives to the motherboard are securely plugged in. Loose connections can cause errors.
### 3. Check Disk Health
You can use software tools like CrystalDiskInfo or HD Tune to check the health status of your hard drives. This will give you...
It seems like your computer is encountering issues related to the S.M.A.R.T status of your SATA drives, indicating possible disk failure. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem without losing your sensitive data:
### 1. Backup Your Data
Before proceeding with any troubleshooting, it's crucial to back up your sensitive information to ensure you don't lose any data in case the hard drives fail completely.
### 2. Check SATA Connections
- Ensure that the SATA cables connecting the hard drives to the motherboard are securely plugged in. Loose connections can cause errors.
### 3. Check Disk Health
You can use software tools like CrystalDiskInfo or HD Tune to check the health status of your hard drives. This will give you more detailed information about the condition of your drives.
### 4. Repair Disk Errors
You can use built-in Windows tools like Check Disk (chkdsk) to scan and repair disk errors. Here's how you can run it:
  • Press Windows Key + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  • Type chkdsk /f /r X: (Replace X: with the drive letter of the partition).
  • Allow the process to complete.
### 5. Replace Failing Drive
If the S.M.A.R.T status indicates imminent failure, it's best to replace the failing drive as soon as possible.
### 6. Recover Data
If one of your drives is failing irreparably, you can use data recovery software like Recuva or Disk Drill to recover data before swapping out the faulty drive.
### 7. Seek Professional Help
If the issue persists or you are uncomfortable handling the troubleshooting, seek assistance from a professional technician to diagnose and resolve the problem.
By following these steps and ensuring your data is backed up, you can address the issue with your hard drives and potentially prevent data loss.

Solution
Back