Windows 7 Hardware or Software .. Cannot See Post/Boot Display Screens or BIOS Display Screens

DWP

Cannot See Post/Boot Display Screens or BIOS Display Screens
Never experienced Startup or video problems with this build but now there is no video display during POST or the BIOS screens.
Once Windows7 starts, all video and sound is normal.
(Also I have stopped hearing system beeps during startup)

GTX 260 Black Edition video cards have only DVI connectivity.
Behavior is the same for either our Hanns-G HG281D monitor connected via DVI-HDMI cable or
our Asus VW246 monitor connected via DVI

Not being able to see the BIOS screens, I am at a lost as to how to troubleshoot, check the BIOS, or update the BIOS.

How do I troubleshoot this problem? Are we dealing with a hardware or a software problem?

Windows7 Professional
Asus PT6 Deluxe V2 Motherboard
Two(2) GTX 260 Black Edition video cards
Hanns-G HG281D monitor connected via DVI-HDMI cable or
Asus VW246 monitor connected via DVI
Corsair HX 1000 power supply

Hi.

You show that you have 2 video cards. Perhaps plug the monitor into the other one to test.

How old is the motherboard? Perhaps the cmos battery is too weak but I doubt that's the issue.

I have physically uninstalled and reinstalled the video cards and gave the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard a physical check. This build and MB is 11 months old. Reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers for the evga GTX 260. Connected the Asus VW246 monitor connected via DVI to each seperately with the problem still persisting. Then reinstalled and enabled the SLI with the problem still persisting. I also tested both Monitors with a second computer and all performed properly.

I really appreciate the response. I need help.

You could try updating the bios from ASUS' site and see if the issue is fixed or it persists.

Or you could try pulling the cmos battery out for 30 seconds with power off, to reset the bios and see if that fixes it.

I have been hesitant until I could get someone to evaluate the situation to attempt to update the BIOS since I have been unable to see the BIOS Setup on the display. If I remove the cmos battery what should I be thinking thru if I still cannot see the BIOS display screen.

Re: resetting the BIOS and the above post. Windows 7 operating system is on two hard drives configured in RAID 0.

Back