Has anyone in the U.S. noticed this in Firefox 34.0.5 ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Networking' started by brkkab, Dec 28, 2014.

1. brkkab

brkkab Senior Member

Has anyone noticed that since Firefox 34.0.5 has come out and they switched to Yahoo, that it's gotten slower when you first open it before you can do anything. I know it isn't my internet connection as I'm getting results anywhere from 50.72mbps to 50.76mbps. on speedtest.net.

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

Yes....I quite like it. It has a bing look/feel to it.

You can change it. In the search box, move your mouse over the magnifying glass and you'll see a little arrow show up. Click that then a new window pop up (change search settings) click that and make any changes you desire.

3. brkkab

brkkab Senior Member

Sorry it took me so long to respond. One of my roomates cut my AT&T internet service wire yesterday. AT&T just fixed it. I'll look into changing it from Yahoo to Bing later tonight and see if it speed's up the original Firefox load time when I open it. I already have all the speedup tweaks done in about:config. PS. Those about:config tweaks had to be re-done after moving from FF33.** to FF34.0.5.

4. brkkab

brkkab Senior Member

**SOLVED** Forgot to mention before, my long time to respond was due to one of my roomates cutting my AT&T U-verse internet wire on Sunday. AT&T fixed it Monday afternoon and landlord is serving said roommate eviction papers.