Windows 7 has anyone noticed slower wifi throughput among network with 7077?

brandonM3

running 7077 x64 after upgrading from 7048. have a couple of laptops that i use on my network and noticed tonight when i was transferring some music between the laptop and my desktop. Saw that transfer rates were about 400kb/sec. Typically get between 1.6-1.9mbps with this laptop. No network traffic to speak of?? tried transferring the same file to my server (wifi) and it ran at normal speeds (1.6mbps)?? has anyone noticed any bandwidth issues? Never noticed any slower speeds with previous build, maybe a setting that's changed? it's almost like the W7 desktop is slowing the laptop down?? weird right? :confused:

Know what I have noticed?
Both the Beta, and RC work very well on wireless, but all interim/daily builds tend to drop signal and not want to connect when more than 20 feet away/on other sides of walls. Don't know if it was on purpose or not, but either way, 'net works better on officially released builds.

PS, with all the builds I've used, when I COULD get signal, I had less than a 3% drop from wired to wireless by way of speed within a standard 3 floor house using 802.11N. (PS: my throughput is massive, not some piddly 1 Megabit connection, 30 Megabit down..)

something to research

Know what I have noticed?
Both the Beta, and RC work very well on wireless, but all interim/daily builds tend to drop signal and not want to connect when more than 20 feet away/on other sides of walls. Don't know if it was on purpose or not, but either way, 'net works better on officially released builds.

PS, with all the builds I've used, when I COULD get signal, I had less than a 3% drop from wired to wireless by way of speed within a standard 3 floor house using 802.11N. (PS: my throughput is massive, not some piddly 1 Megabit connection, 30 Megabit down..)

I personally haven't noticed anything with tapering of my signal but i wasn't really looking either... now i'm going to have to check it out. and only released builds you say... hmmmmmm...

30mb!!! That's ridonkulous!! I Wish I could be that lucky!!

I've been hearing a lot of people say that they're getting dropped but I haven't seen anything like that yet on my end. just the slowing thing that i mentioned earlier between my laptop and W7 desktop... i'm going to take my laptop outside later today along with my pda so i can measure signal strength to see if the laptop drops out. very interesting though--

Well I live in a 3 floor house, the router in on the middle floor, and I'm on the top floor, about 60 feet walking, maybe 40 feet straight line (through two walls) from the router, and using anything but 7000 or 7100, I would randomly drop the signal, and it wouldn't pick up until I walked to the bottom of the stairs, at which point I could then come back upstairs and use it until it dropped again. Major pain in the arse, and happened anywhere from every 10 mins, to every 6 hours, but never had it stay on for more than 6 at a time. I installed 7100 about 4 days ago, and haven't had a connection drop once.

Back