Windows 7 Have you install HP Laserjet or Scanjet software on W7?

Yes, I am using a HP LaserJet Series II (quite old). I used the Windows Update selection during Add Printer to get the driver. BTW Windows update takes up to 10 minutes to return a new printer list so you must be patient.

scanjet on W7

I am using an old scanjet 5300 with W7 but have to use it through VueScan to get it to work. This also give me access to the HP copy utility. VueScan works with both 32 & 64 bit W7

DanaW

My HP Scanjet 2400 software will not work in W7 RTM. When I boot up the software, it crash.

My HP Laserjet 1020 will print on the host computer after doing some hack. Now to make it shareable, I have to do a regedit. Otherwise it will just hang in the queue and it will never print. It work right after I install. But after I reboot, it will not work anymore.

Here is the exercise I use: http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/20537-installing-sharing-hp-laserjet-1020-win7-x64.html

Now isnt that amazing?

Chong,

Download VueScan from VueScan Scanning Software Install it as directed. It will install a driver that will work for your scanner. Then you can either use VueScan as your scanner program or reinstall HP precision scan and use that.

As far as the Laserjet printer is concerned I have a LJ 4000 (more than 1o years old) and have no trouble under W7.

Hope this helps,

DanaW

I end up putting all my drives and HP software on another VMWare running XP.

Tomorrow I am going back to Vista x64. I aint fooling with W7 for now.

You can see my other threads about my W7 freezing and lagging.

Its really weird.

I am sad.

Back
Top Bottom