Skybat

Woke up this morning and my computers internet isn't working even though it says its connected. Im on Windows 8 and I'm pretty sure the issue has something do do with dns. When I go to Google chrome it says the dns lookup failed and I get the error code: NS_PROBE_FINISHED_XNDOMAIN. Help!

Solution
For DNS-related issues on Windows 8 leading to DNS lookup failures like "NS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET," you can try several troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem:
### 1. Troubleshoot DNS Settings:
- Flush DNS Cache:
Run Command Prompt as an administrator and enter: ipconfig /flushdns to clear the DNS resolver cache.
- Change DNS Servers:
Consider switching to public DNS servers like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220).
- Reset TCP/IP Stack:
Run Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the following commands:
Code:
  netsh winsock reset
  netsh int ip reset
  ipconfig /release
  ipconfig /renew
### 2. Network Adapter...
For DNS-related issues on Windows 8 leading to DNS lookup failures like "NS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET," you can try several troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem:
### 1. Troubleshoot DNS Settings:
- Flush DNS Cache:
Run Command Prompt as an administrator and enter: ipconfig /flushdns to clear the DNS resolver cache.
- Change DNS Servers:
Consider switching to public DNS servers like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220).
- Reset TCP/IP Stack:
Run Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the following commands:
Code:
  netsh winsock reset
  netsh int ip reset
  ipconfig /release
  ipconfig /renew
### 2. Network Adapter Troubleshooting:
- Reset Network Adapter:
Right-click on the network icon in the system tray, select "Open Network and Sharing Center," then click on "Change adapter settings." Right-click your network adapter and choose "Disable," wait a few seconds, then "Enable."
- Network Troubleshooter:
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot to run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
### 3. Windows Hosts File Check:
- Hosts File:
Ensure that the hosts file at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts does not contain invalid entries or redirects. It should typically have no except for comments preceded by the # character.
### 4. Firewall and Antivirus Check:
- Firewall/Antivirus:
Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software. Sometimes security software may interfere with DNS resolution.
### 5. Other General Steps:
- Reboot Router/Modem:
Power cycle your router/modem by unplugging it, waiting a minute, and then plugging it back in.
- Network Adapter Driver:
Update or reinstall the network adapter driver. Visit your manufacturer's website to download the latest driver.
### 6. Professional Help:
If the issue persists, consider seeking professional help to diagnose and resolve more intricate network configuration problems.
Following these steps should help address your DNS lookup issues on Windows 8 and resolve the "NS_PROBE_FINISHED_XNDOMAIN" error in Google Chrome.

Solution
Back