Windows 7 Having problems installing Windows 7, Windows start for the first time

DRzAladdin

I have been trying to install Windows 7 a couple of times and it wont work. The installations completes but when "Windows starts for the first time" should appear nothing happends. I've tried 3 diffrent realeses and none of them have worked but I'm now using one of those release at the moment in a laptop. Using Windows 7 - Swedish.

I've both tried booting from all 3 DVD's and started them from XP and choosed advanced, so no upgrade.

Best regards, Calle

i have the same problem...when i try to go to safe mod i got the message that i can't start win7 for the first time from the safe mode...

i have the same problem...when i try to go to safe mod i got the message that i can't start win7 for the first time from the safe mode...

Same problem mate, the issue is I'm using Win7 Professional and done everything I thought of with no success, I called technical support and that was a waste of time and money.

Is it possible you guys are trying to install 64 bit on hardware that won't support it?

Are you trying an upgrade?

Are you using usb keyboards and mouse?

I'm just guessing... I don't have a lot to go on.

This is a long shot... but click on the Search on this page up above this message and put in BIOS ... some people have found a fix in their bios that resolved your kind of problem. I should have taken notes when I read it.

i figured it out...if anybody have problem with slow instalation it's becouse you have floppy drive turned on in bios.
i turned it off and the instalation was over in about 15 min. this resolved the problem at least in my case.
and about the boot problem...
in my case the problem was graphic card. i have pov geforce 8800gts 320mb, and when i replaced it with an old radeon x1250 it worked, the win7 did boot but when i returned geforce the problem was back.
i don't now how this is connected and how to resolve it!

i figured it out...if anybody have problem with slow instalation it's becouse you have floppy drive turned on in bios. i turned it off and the instalation was over in about 15 min. this resolved the problem at least in my case.
!

And who suggested you fiddle with your bios? Where is my gold star?

Back