Windows Vista Having some problems

GodsLeftNut

Hello,

I just built my own computer and have installed vista on it. When I reboot my computer it loads like normal. The Windows Vista load bar appears, but after its done loading it blue screens and restarts my computer over and over again. I have no idea how to fix this. If anyone has any ideas please do share them. I found a few fixes but all of them require being able to see the desktop. Im stuck in the start-up screens.

Please help,
GLN

Hi,
This could be down to a number of things....
Have you checked the bios is up to date? You can check which version it is by watching the initial boot screen.
You don't say how much RAM your running but if you have two or four sticks try booting with only one stick in.. If that works then you either need to update the bios or the RAM is bad.
Have you tried booting into safe mode? You can do this by pressing F8 whilst booting. If successful you'll at least be able to investigate further.
If none of the above work post back and I'll check again in the morning..
Good luck..

Hello,

Sorry for not being clear enough. I have 2 sticks of ram. I have tried installing vista with 1 but i still get the same problem. I ran Memtest and the ram seems to working. The bios is kind of tricky. I am not sure what im doing really when it comes to the bios. I believe its up to date only because its a brand new board, other than that i have no idea.

Thanks
GLN

It seems like it is finding some hardware it really doesn't like!
Try Kemical's suggestion to get into safe mode. If your are succesful, open the Control Panel. Select System and then, on the right Advanced system settings.
Under the "Advanced "Tab in the next window, select "startup and recovery" Half way down, untick the box that says "Automatically restart"

Now. Restart. All this has achieved is, hopefully, to get you into Vista desktop.
Post back.

Hello,

Sorry for not being clear enough. I have 2 sticks of ram. I have tried installing vista with 1 but i still get the same problem. I ran Memtest and the ram seems to working. The bios is kind of tricky. I am not sure what im doing really when it comes to the bios. I believe its up to date only because its a brand new board, other than that i have no idea.

Thanks
GLN

Hi,
if you post the make of your motherboard I'll check out the bios for you as just because it's new doesn't mean to say the bios is the latest version. Blue screens 'usually' means a driver conflict somewhere which relates to the hardware your running so try the the safe mode suggestion and if that fails please post back with as much detail as possible.

Back