zumar

Hello! One question is disturbing me. I am running the Windows 7 upgrade advisor, and getting that my graphics card ATI HD 4870 512 Mb does not support windows aero. I cannot understand, why? My card is not so old, I thought... So what I need to do? To buy a new card or I have to wait for the new ATI driver?
Thanks.

Solution
The issue you're facing with your ATI HD 4870 512MB graphics card not supporting Windows Aero on Windows 7 might be due to compatibility or driver issues. Here are a few things you can consider:
1. Driver Updates: Check if there are updated drivers available for your ATI HD 4870 graphics card. Sometimes, updated drivers can improve compatibility with newer operating systems and features like Windows Aero.
2. Compatibility Check: Ensure that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements for Windows Aero. While the ATI HD 4870 is not an old card, it's possible that specific features required for Aero might not be fully supported.
3. Alternative Options: If driver updates do not resolve the issue, you might need to...
The issue you're facing with your ATI HD 4870 512MB graphics card not supporting Windows Aero on Windows 7 might be due to compatibility or driver issues. Here are a few things you can consider:
1. Driver Updates: Check if there are updated drivers available for your ATI HD 4870 graphics card. Sometimes, updated drivers can improve compatibility with newer operating systems and features like Windows Aero.
2. Compatibility Check: Ensure that your graphics card meets the minimum requirements for Windows Aero. While the ATI HD 4870 is not an old card, it's possible that specific features required for Aero might not be fully supported.
3. Alternative Options: If driver updates do not resolve the issue, you might need to consider upgrading your graphics card to a more recent model that fully supports Windows Aero and other modern features.
4. Check System Requirements: Make sure your system meets all the other requirements for Windows Aero, such as sufficient RAM, processor speed, and display settings.
5. Test Compatibility: You can also try running the Windows 7 upgrade advisor on another system to see if it gives the same results for your graphics card. This can help confirm if it's a specific issue with your setup.
In conclusion, while waiting for updated drivers is an option, it's recommended to explore other solutions like driver updates, compatibility checks, and considering a graphics card upgrade if needed for full Windows Aero support.

Solution
Back