Windows 10 No HD Boot

batrot

I have been trying for several days to get a just-installed W10 22H2 system to act right.

The OS will only boot from BIOS "UEFI <disk> windows boot mgr".

I have gone through 6 or 7 YT vids on trying to fix one thing or another. So I re-installed 22H2.

For some reason, there's no reserved partition, and despite going through the process of adding that partition, which shows up when I go through the "diskpart" process and all it entails, when I check the C: HD in Disk Manager, it doesn't appear.

Perhaps some of this does not matter. But what does matter is, I cannot boot from the C: without choosing the Windows boot manager in the BIOS. In other words, selecting the C: drive as the default boot source only puts me in a blinking cursor screen.

I have an ASRock A88M-G/3.1 MB; 32GB RAM; Radeon R7 250 video card; Quad-core CPU.

Last edited:
If the firmware is set to UEFI which is preferred there will not be a system reserved partition. That is only for legacy or CSM boot which uses the older MBR style partitioning. There will be an EFI system partition which contains files for the boot process.

Make sure your install media is a GPT/UEFI bootable disk (use the Rufus tool and select this option)
Make sure firmware is set to UEFI boot and secure boot is enabled
Boot into the installer and select the advanced installer option
Wipe out the disk
Then proceed normally

If it still is not working post any messages displayed in the firmware.

Back
Top Bottom