Windows 7 HDTV Issues Media Centre

jezzabaker

I almost got my HDTV working properly but there are some major bugs! I am in New Zealand and trying to receive our lcal DVB-T service freeview.

After updating vista to W7 RC (7100)the tuner cards were discovered fine and all channells found during scan I was really stoked!

When I try to use it hough the first three channells work fine - but with some stuttering and pixelation. The other channells try to play - there is sound but it is stuttery and the picture either wont appear or is one or two frames getting stuck. It then tends to crash my pc. Guide is gettin epg data from broadcast no problems.

I have a Phenom x3 processor with 6g ram and a ATI HD 4650 video ard connected via HDMI to an LCD tv. Tuner ard is a Haupagge HVR 2200.

I can get all freeview channells fine using Power Cinema 6 - so I dont hink its a hardware or driver issue. Reception is fine, and W7 is running very well and stable except for with live HDTV (yet to try a blu ray via Power DVD as this caused some issues in Vista..)
I am running 7100 build with all updates upgraded from vista ultimate

Anyone got any ideas or similar problem? W7 seems great otherwise.

Jeremy

I believe the upgrade is causing your problems. Hundreds of useless files are left over when you perform an upgrade. it could be picking up the drivers from the old OS.

Are you using the 64-bit edition?

Have you tried Windows Media Center drivers

New: now supports the WinTV-HVR-1200, WinTV-HVR-1250, WinTV-HVR-1400, WinTV-HVR-1500, WinTV-HVR-1600, WinTV-HVR-1700, WinTV-HVR-1800 and WinTV-HVR-2200.

HDTV Issues

I updated the drivers still get the same problem.

I am running the 32 bit version - might go 64 when I buy the full version in October (presuming all the bugs get fixed!)

It seems so odd some channells run fine and others dont? Could it be an issue with decoding the New Zealand channells?

I did a test recording off one of the bung channells last night - it recorded for the full time but it will not play - crashes MC

I have some ongoing issues with Blu ray it will be playing fine and then halfway through a movie it stops saying that the hdcp is not valid which is of course crap - restart computer and away it goes again. Havnt tested in W7 - could they be related?

Does anyone know of a driver and ATI control panel that is good for W7?

Jeremy

Thanks for your help reghakr,

I did a clean install, got the catalyst drivers - still have the exact same problem.

Watched a blu ray on Power DVD last night - no problems.
All channells are working fine on Power Cinema.

Would seem to be an issue within MCE??

Well, other than a sluggish EPG my MCE is working mostly brilliantly here in NZ and I'm over the moon about it. I have two Leadtek cards (DVT1000S and DTV1800H) and the only setup glitch was that first needed a Vista32 driver rather than the one provided with W7. The problem showed up as a random loss of programmed channels and the resolution for the issue was found on this board. The picture has always been great, nearly as good as the Sony W4500 TV.

Other than that, my W7 32-bit clean install needed no other Vista drivers to clear the device manager, something I think goes a long way to avoid problems. I've also avoided installing any programs I don't need for basic HTPC functionality.

The only other minor strange item is that the TV3+1 channel is found during scanning but has only 1% signal on the Leadtek cards while it works fine on my TV.

Back
Top Bottom