Windows 7 HELP!!! avg scan found 17 trojans

chugnalng

I have never had a trojan, virus, etc. I've run every OS since 3.1. I have an Acer 5515, running free AVG 8.5 and it is up to date. I picked up ALL of these in the past week The scan took 2hrs and 48 minutes to complete. Some of the trojans were duplicates.

Please tell me how to access my clipboard.

Thank You
Dan

AVG removed all of them.....Should I still do a new install?

"D:\DAN-LAPTOP\Backup Set 2009-05-19 125203\Backup Files 2009-05-30 171816\Backup files 1.zip:\C\Users\Dan\Documents\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\22300.exe:\$JJ\HDQuality.exe";"Trojan horse Generic13.ARXS";"Infected"
"D:\DAN-LAPTOP\Backup Set 2009-05-19 125203\Backup Files 2009-05-30 171816\Backup files 1.zip:\C\Users\Dan\Documents\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\93303.exe";"Trojan horse SHeur2.AFPM";"Infected"
"D:\DAN-LAPTOP\Backup Set 2009-05-19 125203\Backup Files 2009-05-30 171816\Backup files 1.zip:\C\Users\Dan\Documents\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp89F7.tmp";"Trojan horse Crypt.EDQ";"Infected"
Above is some examples of what AVG found

Dan

Did you rescan after AVG removed them to make sure there actually gone? ;) AVG sometimes tells you there gone when they are in fact not I've found.. ;) If a rescan turns up nothing and your pc seems to be acting normal (as normal as it was from day one) than you should be fine.. :) But a clean install never hurts when you have been infected.. It's a for sure way to make sure they are in fact all gone if nothing else.. ;)

AVG removed all of them.....Should I still do a new install?

"D:\DAN-LAPTOP\Backup Set 2009-05-19 125203\Backup Files 2009-05-30 171816\Backup files 1.zip:\C\Users\Dan\Documents\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\22300.exe:\$JJ\HDQuality.exe";"Trojan horse Generic13.ARXS";"Infected"
"D:\DAN-LAPTOP\Backup Set 2009-05-19 125203\Backup Files 2009-05-30 171816\Backup files 1.zip:\C\Users\Dan\Documents\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\93303.exe";"Trojan horse SHeur2.AFPM";"Infected"
"D:\DAN-LAPTOP\Backup Set 2009-05-19 125203\Backup Files 2009-05-30 171816\Backup files 1.zip:\C\Users\Dan\Documents\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp89F7.tmp";"Trojan horse Crypt.EDQ";"Infected"
Above is some examples of what AVG found

Dan

If AVG removed them and a second sweep turns up clean, you should be fine. Otherwise, try a clean install or system restore.

He has the viruse's 'removed' and he said he's going to do a clean install so scanning at this point would be kinda pointless.. ;)

mhmm

yeh ok.
lol
AVG is pretty much a spyware itself lol
its lags your computer
well uses more resources
I had AVG at one stage
but once i bought Mcaffee!!
nothing
not even a zlich
always protected!
Does not use as much ram or resources as AVG!
but hey
AVG was good for a while
and
AVG just scans your computer and thinks that file is a virus when it really is not! ?

PEACE! THATS MY OPINION :razz::razz::razz::razz:

I agree. Without a firewall you'll get zapped in a hurry if your not careful. Mcaffee is excellent. I like the trend micro beta it also doesn't use any resources. Fast scans which is nice about 3 minutes maximum.

Another thing to try is to boot into safe mode (Which doesn't load alot of things) and run a scan. This helps because trogans that are started up at startup sometimes can't be removed while they are running so the key is to erase them before they are executed.

AVG will remove the infection but on rescan you may find what appears to be the same infection back again. If you look closely at the file path you will see that what AVG has found is a back up copy usually in system restore.
The only way I have found to keep this from happening is to temperaraly turn off restore have AVG remove the infection then turn back on system restore.

Back