Windows 7 Help before I throw this computer out the window

TylerC

Alright... My predicement...

I have been running my computer for about almost a year now perfectly fine with no issues at all with Windows 7. This last weekend I went out camping and when I returned on Sunday to do a few things on the computer it decided to go and give me a Blue screen of death. I didn't think very much of it and just went to restart the computer.

After I restarted, Windows began to load as normal and just as it was about to get to the login screen the BSOD came back. To save my self from typing the whole story lets just say I restarted the computer about 10 times before it decided to magically fix itself and work for the rest of the night. *Just as an aside, I wasn't restarting the computer in anger, it was more of a restart to try to get to the actual operating system before it would restart itself. So I really had no doing in all the restarts*

So anywho, satisfied that my computer was back into working order, I turned in for the night and headed to work in the morning. When I got back the computer was back into the swing of the BSOD's which I tried to fix for the next 5 hours of the evening. I tried everything to get to the OS. Safe Mode, Revert to last known good configuration. Put in the Windows 7 CD and clicked "Magically Repair my Computer!" but nothing seemed to work. Then just like Sunday night it worked for about an hour, then kaput again.

Sick and tired of everything I decided to Delete all the partitions in my hard drives, reformat and reinstall Windows 7. After I successfully installed the Operating System, it all seemed to work fine! Until about an hour passed at which time the BSODs returned. I would supply you all with the Dump files but I am unable to even access the desktop let alone get to the appropriate folder to give you more information.

The Blue screens themselves were along the lines of the Driver IRQL Not less or Equal And also a bunch of Hexadecimal numbers ( 0x0000001E Also had a bunch of other numbers in parentheses after that but anywho...). I searched up that code and it said something about incompatible drivers or hardware. However I have been leaning towards this being a hardware error rather than a software issue. This is the only thing that really would make any sense to me since I did a fresh install of the Operating System and even after that the Blue Screens would continue.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I will go and check the exact Specs of the computer and post them in a couple minutes. Sorry for the novel that went along with my problem, but I felt it would give you a better picture of the problem at hand.

Hey.

You can go to C:\Windows\Minidump

Copy the files in there to any other folder. Then zip them. Attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply. We will take a look at the errors.

Alright... My predicement...

I have been running my computer for about almost a year now perfectly fine with no issues at all with Windows 7. This last weekend I went out camping and when I returned on Sunday to do a few things on the computer it decided to go and give me a Blue screen of death. I didn't think very much of it and just went to restart the computer.

After I restarted, Windows began to load as normal and just as it was about to get to the login screen the BSOD came back. To save my self from typing the whole story lets just say I restarted the computer about 10 times before it decided to magically fix itself and work for the rest of the night. *Just as an aside, I wasn't restarting the computer in anger, it was more of a restart to try to get to the actual operating system before it would restart itself. So I really had no doing in all the restarts*

So anywho, satisfied that my computer was back into working order, I turned in for the night and headed to work in the morning. When I got back the computer was back into the swing of the BSOD's which I tried to fix for the next 5 hours of the evening. I tried everything to get to the OS. Safe Mode, Revert to last known good configuration. Put in the Windows 7 CD and clicked "Magically Repair my Computer!" but nothing seemed to work. Then just like Sunday night it worked for about an hour, then kaput again.

Sick and tired of everything I decided to Delete all the partitions in my hard drives, reformat and reinstall Windows 7. After I successfully installed the Operating System, it all seemed to work fine! Until about an hour passed at which time the BSODs returned. I would supply you all with the Dump files but I am unable to even access the desktop let alone get to the appropriate folder to give you more information.

The Blue screens themselves were along the lines of the Driver IRQL Not less or Equal And also a bunch of Hexadecimal numbers ( 0x0000001E Also had a bunch of other numbers in parentheses after that but anywho...). I searched up that code and it said something about incompatible drivers or hardware. However I have been leaning towards this being a hardware error rather than a software issue. This is the only thing that really would make any sense to me since I did a fresh install of the Operating System and even after that the Blue Screens would continue.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. I will go and check the exact Specs of the computer and post them in a couple minutes. Sorry for the novel that went along with my problem, but I felt it would give you a better picture of the problem at hand.

Try taking all but one stick of RAM out and see if you can access the dump files. If you manage that then you could then try running the machine on one stick of RAM. If it runs fine then swop the stick for another and try again. Keep doing this until you find a stick which gives you the errors.

Ah, I missed the part about not being able to post the crash dumps.

Booting to safe mode + networking should do the trick.

Kemical- I gave your solution a shot and it seems to have worked so far. I only have 2 sticks of RAM in my computer, each being 2gb if you hadn't already guessed. I just guessed on which one to try first. With only one in the computer started right up and I'm responding using the computer. So hopefully it will work. I just need to run it for a while to see if it passes the test of time.

As for the dump files, I can access them now and am posting them into this reply. Maybe you guys can see what exactly was causing the error from what they say.

Thanks a lot, now my computer can remain in one single piece for the time being.

Attachments

• Dump Files.zip
    132 KB · Views: 215
Do you have any flash sticks attached? It's showing a Readyboost error:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800124af7e, fffff880025627b8, fffff88002562020}

Probably caused by : rdyboost.sys ( rdyboost!SmdStoreReadCompletion+47a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
-----

Anyhow, you're definitely getting an error with your network driver for sure.

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
It needs to be updated. Open the device manager, then extend the network section. It will tell you the type of Realtek lan you have. Then you can search for its number at the left side of the following link (example: 8111c) -

Realtek

If you can't find it there, then visit your motherboard manufacturer's site for an update.

-----

The software Ad-Aware 2007 is presenting issues. Please uninstall it.

Last edited:
TorrentG,

I just got finished updating the Network card drivers. They should be all up to date now, they said that the ones I got were just released on the 7th. I uninstalled Ad Aware as well so I should be all set on that front. Now for the Ready Boost thing, I have 2 external Hard drives hooked up to my computer. Could that be what is causing that?

No, can't be external hard drives. Readyboost only operates on flash drives. I wouldn't worry about that if you don't have any usb sticks in.

Cool about the other stuff. It should be well of now. If not, post a new crash dump and we can take it from there.

Let us know how it seems to be going.

Hey again. My computer had been running fine as of late. But now when I got back from work, I turned it on and about 5 minutes later it crashed again. I switched out the RAM and seem to be running fine for now. Hopefully it will last long enough for me to post this with the dump files. Hopefully you can find something indicative of what may be causing my computer to have these issues. Thanks ahead of time!

Attachments

• Dump 7-15.rar
    18.3 KB · Views: 163
Steam.exe seems to be involved in the latest crash. That's for video games as far as I know, correct?

Two things:

1) Update Steam to latest, if not already.
2) This guy, your video driver:

Code:
atikmdag atikmdag.sys Mon Aug 17 23:05:47 2009

It's going on almost a year old now. You can update him from here:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Alright TorrentG. As far as Steam goes, it should be updated to the latest of everything. If there is an update to it, it would download automatically and install it. I'm in the process of downloading the Video card drivers now so hopefully that will put an end to this madness.

Think it would be possible after I install the new drivers that I could put the other stick of ram back in? I guess I"ll just give it a shot and see how well it works.

Thanks again!

Back