fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr
Error 17: File not found
Booting 'Windows NT/200/XP'
fallback 2
find --set-root /ntldr
Error 17: file not found
Booting 'Enter Command Line'
Boot failed! Press any key to enter command line.
then
IMAGE 3
Link Removed - Invalid URL

GRUB4DOS 0.4.3 2007-03-13, Memory: 631k / 765m, CodeEnd: 0x3d7BC
[Minimal BASH- line editing is supported. for the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible completions of a device. filename. ESC at any time exits.

Grub> then i prss TAP
IMAGE 4
Link Removed - Invalid URL
then that what its say
Possible commands are:acpi backgroudn block list boot cat cdrom chainloder clear cmp color commandline configfile debug default displayapm displaymen embed errnum errorcheck fallback find foreground fstest geometry halt help hid impsp robe initrd install ioprobe is64bit kernel lock makeactive map md5crypt module modulenounzip pager partnew parttype password pause quit read reboot root rootn overify savedfault serial setkey setup setvbe splashimage terminal terminfo testload testvbe unhide uppermen vberprobe write
grub>

help plz..

When you say you are re-installing Vista what are you talking about? Are you trying to reinstall over an existing installation or perform an upgrade.. more info is needed.

I have the same problem, I was upgrading home premium to ultimate edition.
I have no idea what is all that crap!
How do we get rid of it???

These posts are a little hard to make out... To what crap are you referring?

Hi all

Most forum users who post a problem are looking for solutions or help as soon as possible.
However to be able to identify and source the solution, as much information on what has gone wrong is required. Information such as the specs. of hardware, versions of OS's, what action has already been tried etc are helpful in giving other forum users enough information to be able to post a reply if they can help. It can save a considerable amount of time for all parties and speed up replies and solutions.

There, I,ve had my rant!!!!!!!
Think I'll go and lie down!!!

Hi all

Most forum users who post a problem are looking for solutions or help as soon as possible.
However to be able to identify and source the solution, as much information on what has gone wrong is required. Information such as the specs. of hardware, versions of OS's, what action has already been tried etc are helpful in giving other forum users enough information to be able to post a reply if they can help. It can save a considerable amount of time for all parties and speed up replies and solutions.

There, I,ve had my rant!!!!!!!
Think I'll go and lie down!!!

Ain't that the truth! See now you've gone and got Superbill all riled up.... I'd provide a clearer post if I was you..

HELP i tryed to install vista ultimate but it went to this error and i dont know what to do!! im not under worrenty anymore so it will cost me to fix and im wondering if there is some way to fix it my self.

Booting 'Windows Vista
'acpi
Vista Loader 2.1.2
Done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr

This is exactly what I get on a black screen after doing a Vista Ultimate update. everything was working fine before doing the update.
Does anyone have any suggestions how to recover from this screen? I tried F8 for other optins but that does not even work (Idon't even know if that is an option for Vista)
Any ideas for getting back to my previous working computer. It is only a month and a half old and Vista was doing well untill now :)

Booting 'Windows Vista
'acpi
Vista Loader 2.1.2
Done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr

This is exactly what I get on a black screen after doing a Vista Ultimate update. everything was working fine before doing the update.
Does anyone have any suggestions how to recover from this screen? I tried F8 for other optins but that does not even work (Idon't even know if that is an option for Vista)
Any ideas for getting back to my previous working computer. It is only a month and a half old and Vista was doing well untill now :)

Hmm.....Try continually pressing F8 when you first boot as sometimes, depending on the set-up, it can be hard to 'catch'.. Then if you get to the options screen choose 'safe-mode' and un-install the update.

Or... If you can get into the bios (and have an install disk), set the boot order to boot from CD/DVD, save the settings, place your disk in the drive and then reboot. You should now be able to enter the install options which one of these is an option to repair. You could just go for the repair and hope it fixes the problem or a totally new install which obviously means you'll lose any saved data...

Thanks kemical I have tried the F8 thing consistantly thats why I thought it was no longer an option in Vista. I am baffled looks like a format and reload. I even flashed my Bios to the newest version and still no luck. I suspect some kind of Trojan lurking in the underworld. I noticed my home page had been hijacked in internet explorer to Link Removed - Invalid URL and even after changing it back a few times it kept reverting back. Then after restart I had these issues, Beware!

I suspect some kind of Trojan lurking in the underworld. I noticed my home page had been hijacked in internet explorer to Security Center and even after changing it back a few times it kept reverting back. Then after restart I had these issues, Beware!
That is exactly what you have. I just repaired mine last night from the same crap. It took me about 30 min.

03hdfatboy how did you get rid of it? I already planned to ghost my drive once it was repaired to avoid this in the future. Did you get the trojan out or did you format and reload?

So far I've yet to find anything, and I've tried 'em all, that will completely get rid of a well written trojan. The only way that I have found that truly gets rid of one is a format and reinstall. Sorry :(

I was afraid of that. Just finished backing up and getting ready for format reload.

Back
Top Bottom