Windows 10 *HELP* Unexpected BSOD while rendering video and doing the usual on chrome

Just noticed. The radiator mountings and the drive bay. So you're correct that needs turning around.

Sorry if I confused the situation @TheDD

Is it possible to remove the shroud?

Usually they either clip in and/or are attached with a screw or two.

I managed to remove the cpu and pull it out. then I attached the SATA cable. Thank you tho.

If that's the top of the case, you'll need to turn the fan round so it vents out.

Okay so this is how the fan at the top is attached: https://windowsforum.com/attachments/img_20190605_210537-jpg.38058/

And this is how the two fans at the front are attached: https://windowsforum.com/attachments/15598096231021159038626992750996-jpg.38064/

What settings on the "XTREME GAMING ENGINE" would you guys recommend, because if I turn my gpu clock back up to like + 60 it crashes again, but at -28 it's stable. should I just like tinker around with it and find out myself or would you guys happen to know?

This looks like the front of the case. The reason I say this is because you already had one fan at the front, yes?

If it is turn the top fan the same way round as the bottom fan.

I think you have the photo's mixed up as this is a photo of one fan and probably the top of the case.

If it is the again turn the fan around so it's extracting out.

Let's get your fan set up sorted first but in any case stick to the method that is currently stopping the crashes.

Both pictures are of the front of the case. I have not made a picture of the top yet, because it won't be visible what way I put it.

Thats great.

So the one placed at the top needs to be the other way round so it extracts out.

Lastly when you take a photo can you pull back a little so we can see which part of the case being discussed as it saves on confusion.

If I took a picture of the top it wouldn't be as visible because of the little holes. But I'll take a picture of the inside when it's turned off. The one at the top is already extracting out I think.
IMG_20190608_092021 (1).jpg
IMG_20190607_145409 (1).jpg

Now you see all those cables you have? You can, when your feeling up to it, tuck them out of the way. See where the other cables are going round the back? You could always follow that route if there's room.
This isn't super critical but it makes for a nicer looking machine and the airflow isn't impeded.

I'll definetly try to get the cables out of the way.

Yup your right, great job! Looks nice lit up too.

Looks really good. Nice one.

Thank you both, It turned out to be easier than I thought to get the fans installed and lit up.
I'm glad I didn't have to pay someone to install them for me, thanks for your help.

You very welcome @TheDD

To be honest much of pc building is like connecting expensive bits of lego.

So do you have them spinning at full or controlled to some extent?

I noticed!

I haven't been able to figure out how to control them so I'm pretty sure they've been spinning at full

Ah ok so are they running at 100% do you know or at a lower speed?

This fan hub didn't have a controller. I tried to download a fan controller program on my computer or see if I could manually control it, but I can't.
So yes I think they are running at 100%, but I am not sure.

Well I think with that controller you plug it into the cpu header, then plug all your fans into it. Whatever the fan speed is set at via the cpu header will determine the fan speed for all fans plugged into the controller.
This page may help:
Noisy PC? Make it quieter for free by controlling fan speeds

If your fans are at 100% chances are they'll be very noisy, is this the case (re the noise)

They're very quiet, so then I think they aren't set to 100%
Is that good?

If you grab cinebench r20 run that and see if the fans get louder. Is also a good quick stability test for the cpu.

Yes..

As long as your temps are fine then all is good. I didn't want you sitting there with the fans driving you nuts so I'm pleased to hear they aren't doing that.. :)
So, now getting back to your gpu, do you still need to back the clocks off?

Thanks! And sadly yes, if I turn my gpu clock up to say +50 games start crashing again.
So I've kept the settings like this for now:

Attachments

• Screenshot_25.png
    Screenshot_25.png
    820.1 KB · Views: 385
yeah 0 is the default. What card is it? You could use the OC Scanner in Afterburner to gain a little performance.

Takes about 15 mins to complete and chooses the best clocks safely.

yeah 0 is the default. What card is it? You could use the OC Scanner in Afterburner to gain a little performance.

Takes about 15 mins to complete and chooses the best clocks safely.

It's a gigabyte 1070 g1 gaming 8g

Back