*HELP* Unexpected BSOD while rendering video and doing the usual on chrome

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Well the dump files keeps blaming the cpu's internal timer so it's perhaps time we ran a few hardware tests.

I checked back and I don't think you've ran any of these tests so let's see what turns up:

Check your cpu is ok by running the following tool:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Stress test your cpu by running Prime95 (watch the temps closely) run for about an hour.

Test your RAM:
How to Test PC RAM with MemTest86

Check your motherboard support page for any bios updates.

TheDD

I ran the MemTest which took a little under three hours to complete. Then I ran the intel diagnostic tool.
I haven't stressed the cpu with Prime95 yet but here's the result of the memtest and the intel tool.

Which options do you think I should choose in prime95?

Attachments

TheDD

Hi again, here are the results:
First couple minutes: my cpu usage is 99% but it's only 50 degrees (celcius)
15 minutes of stressing: my cpu usage is 100% and it's around 65 degrees (celcius)
30 minutes of stressing: my cpu usage is 100% and it's around 80 degrees (celcius)
45 minutes of stressing: my cpu usage is still 100% but the cpu is now about 85 degrees celcius. That's pretty hot considering I have a dark rock pro 4 that's supposed to be cooling it
1 hour of stressing: my cpu usage is 100% and it's again around 65 degrees (celcius) so I'm relieved it didn't get any hotter

nmsuk

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
If using prime95 the different tests it uses create more or less heat. So during longer runs you'll notice it between 50 and 85c.