Windows 7 Help Wanted: Cannot Patch Theme Files!

Mrichelo

I have a very strange problem that I have googled and reworded and googled some more, but to no avail. The only thing I can think of now is to ask for help from others. Now, I'm no novice to computers, and I'm certainly no novice to researching a problem, but sometimes the solution just isn't out there in the open.

What I'm trying to do:
Patch the files necessary to enable Third-Party Themes for Windows 7 64-bit

I was able to do this just fine with Uxtheme Multi-Patcher for SP1 on my current PC Build with a different motherboard that I have since replaced with a new one. Ever since installing the new Motherboard, I have been unable to patch all of the files.

System Specs:
Core i7 3770K @stock 3.5Ghz CPU
MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming Motherboard
Sapphire HD7970 Ghz Edition 3GB Graphics Card
Corsair AX850 PSU
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
WD 1TB Caviar Black HDD

For the sake of information, the previous Motherboard I had (when the patching program worked just fine) was a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - it was returned, because the USB 3.0 Controller was janky and turning on and off randomly (an apparently common issue with said motherboard)

Here's all the things I have tried so far:
Uxtheme Multi-Patcher for SP1
Apparently 64 bit Windows 7 needs all six files patched. Well, the x64 Uxtheme Multi-patcher works just fine, patches my files. But the x86 patcher doesn't recognize the themeservice.dll and it's greyed out (it won't patch it). So, this solution did not work.

Uxtheme Multi-Patcher 8.0
This also didn't work, I'm assuming for the same reason as above. the x86 Themeservice.dll could not be patched

UxStyle
First, ran system file checker (sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt) and it fixed the patched files, then installed this. The "Unsigned Themes" service runs, but doesn't allow me to apply third party themes.

I have also tried starting fresh and installing windows 7 x64 again, and running the patcher first thing after install, to see if another program was preventing it from happening. x86 patcher STILL does not recognize Themeservice.dll and won't patch it. I have reinstalled Windows many times over, and the problem still persists, which is the most mind-****ing thing in the world to me...

As a final hurrah, I have attempted to find the patched files for the x64 and x86 theme files, but found none. Any links I found to downloads were dead ends, having long since been deleted, years ago.

The only solution I can think of is acquiring the PATCHED theme files and manually switching them out for the originals, something I'm fully capable of doing. The only problem is, I cannot for the life of me find them.

If someone could please share their patched dll's, (there should be 6, according to the Uxtheme Multi-Patcher) I think that's my only solution at this point. If you have any other suggestions, PLEASE let me know! I am literally confounded by this issue and DO NOT KNOW how to proceed further.

Good grief! No one has helped you yet?
The person is trying to patch elements of the operating system in an unsupported manner. They should probably just use WindowBlinds if they want to completely change the look of Windows in this way. The unsupported patching of these files can cause stability problems on the operating system. Essentially, you shouldn't mess with your operating system files this way and expect it to work. The corruption of the dynamic link libraries can cause major problems on the system. Most people who want this level of customization buy a third party program that has been through a quality assurance program to make sure it does not damage the installation. Something like "UXTheme Multipatcher" I have never even heard of and would advise anyone to steer clear of.

Okay, thank you. I thought whoa, no help? Anyway, the theme patches were for Windows XP. I use to use it. That's about all I know.

Back
Top Bottom