Windows 7 Help with a Run-Time Error

hummer7

A program which I have been using with XP computer was installed on a new win7 machine today.
Installation was successful without any problem.
When I tried to click the program, it prompted a run time as follows:

Runtime error - 2147191496 (80047538):
An attempt was made to refernce a token that does notexist.

Is there any fix to use this program? Thanks. hummer

It's a simple program: Universal electronic scale (from RadioShack).
This scale is a simpel USB-device for weighing small packages.

It may be some type of driver issue. Did you check the manufacturer's site to see if there are any updates?
Joe

I have same problem

Radioshack does not have any updates. I went through the Windows 7 compatiblity program with no luck. This USB electronic scale worked fine with Windows XP, now doesn't work in Windows 7. Lame. I'm not impressed.

I have the same scale. It worked great under Vista.

I did a CLEAN install of Windows 7 Ulimate. The device was detected, and drivers installed. Under "Devices & Printers" it is in the unspecified category, listed as "USB Electronic Scale"

Detais on the driver:

HID-compliant device
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Date: 6/21/2006
Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385

under "Driver details" button, it says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device"

It is reported as "working properly" in the status.

The software installs fine, and when I try to run it, I get the exact same error message.
I've also tried setting compatibilty mode to "XP" and to "Vista" and get the same error.

I haven't tried "Virtual XP" mode yet, but that will REALLY be a stretch if I have to load a virtual session every time I use the scale....

Any other ideas?

RE : Help with a Run-Time Error

You can troubleshoot the above problem by following the given instructions:
If a program written for an earlier version of Windows doesn't run correctly, you can try changing the compatibility settings for the program
Run the Program Compatibility troubleshooter
Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.
If you cannot install a program, insert the installation disc for the program and using the troubleshooter, browse to the program's setup file, usually called Setup.exe, Install.exe, or something similar. The troubleshooter is not designed to work on programs that have an .msi file name extension.

Resolved

I was able to get the scale working by installing the software from Radio Shacks website (260-950) and running the scale appliaction as administrator and Windows 98 compatibility mode (winxp or vista didnt work)

Well, I got it running.

But every time I click on the icon to start it, I get a User Account Control message asking me if I want to run this program or not.

Is there any way I can make this message go away for the scale program.

Regards,

Fred

Re: Resolved

I was able to get the scale working by installing the software from Radio Shacks website (260-950) and running the scale appliaction as administrator and Windows 98 compatibility mode (winxp or vista didnt work)

Hi, I will try it as you did. By the way, could you please give me the exact name of the Radio Shacks webpage for the software (260-950). I have the original CD for the scale.
Will it work? hummer

I found a copy of the software on a Web site (I didn't keep the URL). I don't have the CD any more.

I don't think it is on Radio Shack's Web site any more.

Fred

Back