Windows 7 Help with "access denied" problems

andreah1

Hi all, I recently installed 7 when my vista seemed to poop out (long story)....everything is working fairly good except for this one problem. I can see all my documents that win7 moved over from vista in a file called windows.old. I also had them in a backup on an external hard drive...I moved them over from that hard drive into my documents in win7 but when I click on any of them to view it says access denied, this might be a read only file, blah blah blah....I've clicked on properties and none are marked read only....how can I open my documents? I looked and I am signed in as administrator and I do have office 2007.
I have the documents on mozy as well and tried downloading one of them to my system and I can't even FIND that one!
I'm at a loss and pulling my hair out at this point! HELP!

Welcome to the forums.

1. Don't pull your hair out. I don't help bald people.
2. It's probably a permission issue. Can you upload one of the documents for me to check, or are they all top-secret-read-it-and-i-will-have-to-kill-you kind of documents?

Welcome to the forums.

1. Don't pull your hair out. I don't help bald people.
2. It's probably a permission issue. Can you upload one of the documents for me to check, or are they all top-secret-read-it-and-i-will-have-to-kill-you kind of documents?

Ha ha...During my wait for an answer I think I got it solved, I can't remember "exactly" what I did, as I've been doing TONS of recovery but think I had to do something about allowing myself permission? Wow, apparently when I pulled my hair out, brain cells went with it. Crazy. I have a new computer coming this week and I pray I don't have to go thru it again, ugh. I'm saving all my pics and documents on a usb stick.....

Back