Windows 10 Help with creating BAT to install AutoWorkplace and Join

rmiman22

Hi guys,
Our company’s environment consists of mostly Win10 machines but we still have some lingering Win7 boxes. Our email is hosted by Office 365 and I’ve recently hopped onto the Azure Active Directory wagon to get our environment more secure. Off the bat I was having troubles adding our Win7 machines to the Azure AD Device list but discovered the Microsoft Workplace Join for non-Windows 10 computers’ tool (Download Microsoft Workplace Join for non-Windows 10 computers from Official Microsoft Download Center). This tool allows individuals to get their Win7 machines loaded in the Azure AD Device list to take advantage of many of the Azure AD tool (i.e. Conditional Access).

Anyway, let me get straight to the point. This tool installs a ‘Microsoft Workplace Join’ folder in ‘C:\Program Files’, and requires that the ‘AutoWorkplace.exe’ be run at the Command Prompt using ‘/join’ or ‘/i’ (for Interactive). The reference can be found here (Troubleshooting hybrid Azure Active Directory joined down-level devices).

I’m looking to create a BAT file that’ll take the ‘Microsoft Workplace Join for non-Windows 10 computers’ tool (Download Microsoft Workplace Join for non-Windows 10 computers from Official Microsoft Download Center), install it from a network shared folder, and then join the device. Would anyone know how to go about doing that?

Thanks so much!
Brandon

Back
Top Bottom