Windows 7 Help with desktop background

jetmech

Hi all, I purchased a brand new Toshiba Satellite laptop about 3 months ago. It came loaded with Windows 7 as the OS. I did some searching in the forum but couldn't find my exact problem. After a few days of having the new computer, I downloaded a desktop background from a hockey team website. Now, I am unable to change it to anything else. I tried to pick one of the Windows 7 images, click apply and nothing happens. I even tried going back to the website that I downloaded from the first time (pittsburgh penguins) and can't even change it to a different picture. and it tells me access is denied. I can however pick a solid color background from the pre-installed backgrounds. Any ideas of what my problem might be? It's driving me crazy, probably due to the fact that I'm fairly computer illiterate. My wife has a seperate login and I don't believe she is having any problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

first thing to try
1. Login to Windows 7 with Administrator Rights.
2. Type ‘gpedit.msc’ in the Start menu search box.
3. This will launch Local Group Policy Editor. In the left pane go to:
User Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Control Panel –> Personalization
4. In the right pane, double click on “Prevent changing desktop background

change to not configued (if not already)

or go to control panel and select another them and then change it back ( you will see pre saved built in windows themes, different wllpapers sounds etc, click on one and change it back

let me no how u get on

Kaos, I tried typing that into the windows search box and didn't get anything. It tells me that no items match my search. This isn't starting off too well.

have you tried , right clicking dekstop, clicking personalize, and click on another theme? these change the wallpaper aswell

Back
Top Bottom