Windows 7 Help with somewhat randomly occurring BSOD

Mylesg13

Been trying to figure out a cause of a random BSOD I see a couple of times a week - if anyone can help out it would be appreciated. Attached a zip of the dump files of the last 4 occurrences.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BSODs.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 191
Uninstall the notorious AVG in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and replace it with MSE.

---------

Update your keyboard driver from the manufacturer's website:

UsbFltr UsbFltr.sys Wed Apr 11 04:23:46 2007

Link Removed - Invalid URL

----------

Update your gaming mouse driver from the manufacturer's website:

Mo3Fltr Mo3Fltr.sys Wed Sep 17 22:50:37 2008

----------

Update your RIM modem drivers from manufacturer's website:

RimSerial_AMD64 RimSerial_AMD64.sys Mon Nov 24 12:01:01 2008

Fixed all the above things and I haven't seen the NTFS BSOD since then however today I got one about Memory Management (attached). Is this due to bad RAM? Been using this RAM for a while now and haven't seen this one in the past but I'll run a RAM test overnight just in case.

Attachments

• 091610-27970-01.dmp
    268.2 KB · Views: 291
Ah - I installed the newest drivers I could find for both. I guess its time for a new keyboard and mouse :)

Thanks for the help.

Ah - I installed the newest drivers I could find for both. I guess its time for a new keyboard and mouse :)

Thanks for the help.

Here is some help for finding new drivers

How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Had a good run for a couple weeks without error after updating the drivers but just got a new BSOD today while watching a video. Haven't changed any drivers over the past couple aside from a network driver which I updated about a week ago. Able to root cause this one? As always huge thanks for any assistance provided.

Attachments

• 102010-25084-01.dmp
    268.2 KB · Views: 281
Had a good run for a couple weeks without error after updating the drivers but just got a new BSOD today while watching a video. Haven't changed any drivers over the past couple aside from a network driver which I updated about a week ago. Able to root cause this one? As always huge thanks for any assistance provided.

TorrentG said:

This time, a failure in adf.sys. That's a memory (RAM) issue as all other drivers are well. I would be very inclined to uninstall the mouse driver and use a new mouse if no new driver is available, in any case.

You're welcome.

This time, a failure in adf.sys. That's a memory (RAM) issue as all other drivers are well. I would be very inclined to uninstall the mouse driver and use a new mouse if no new driver is available, in any case.

You're welcome.

Buying a new mouse shouldn't be an issue as I was planning on getting a new one anyway.

So the RAM is at fault? Should I go and replace it?

By all means, no, don't replace the RAM yet. Replace the mouse and also uninstall the existing mouse software too before installing new software from manufacturer's site for new mouse.

Post new minidumps after, to see if any more RAM suspicious crashes happen. I'll let ya know the deal then on what to do, if they continue.

Still getting the odd BSOD (attached the latest one). Window's actually reported that the ram may have issues and requested me to do a memory diagnostic test. When I ran that it locked up at 99% =S

Attachments

• 111710-27799-01.dmp
    268.2 KB · Views: 259
This driver for the new mouse is not well on the system and needs an update:

And the XBOX controller driver software, MotionJoy or something like that, needs to be uninstalled completely:

xusb21 xusb21.sys Thu Aug 13 18:10:17 2009

Alrighty... I uninstalled the 360 controller drivers (at least I think I did) and the mouse unfortunately thats the only driver thats available at the moment (according to the steel series website anyway). Still getting BSODs - even more frequent then before. attached are the last 2. Looking for some advice on what to do next.

Again thanks for any help as always - its appreciated.

Attachments

• 120210-19016-01.dmp
    268.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 120210-19968-01.dmp
    268.2 KB · Views: 248

The above ^^^

You can post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory tab and also one of spd tab. Anyhow, simply saying that there is no update is not going to make that driver stop crashing your machine, if it is in fact, crashing yuor machine.

Last edited:

The above ^^^

You can post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory tab and also one of spd tab. Anyhow, simply saying that there is no update is not going to make that driver stop crashing your machine, if it is in fact, crashing yuor machine.

Understood. I did a double check for that file and yeah it looks like when I reinstalled the drivers it didn't update that file for some reason so I manually deleted it from the system folder and tried installing again - hopefully this fixes the problem.. if not I'll probably just go with a diff mouse.

Will post a screen shot of CPU-Z Memory and Spd Tab if it helps - not sure where to find these screens though.

Screenshot

Attachments

• CPU-Z.png
    CPU-Z.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 343
In the bios, set the VDIMM (DRAM voltage) to 1.65V and save.

If crashes persist, run Memtest86+ overnight 8-10 passes. If errors show, replace the RAM.

Back