Windows 10 Help with Windows 10 Phone Installation

Lambkin

I really need help upgrading my phone to Windows 10 or revert to Windows 8.1. I am in the insider program and started downloading the Windows 10 OS and it suddenly started restarting constantly. I have tried to hard/ factory reset my phone and tried using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool, but my phone will not stay on long enough to connect to my pc/ hard reset. If anyone has any suggestions or solutions for my problem I would HIGHLY appreciate it :). BTW I have a Nokia Lumia 635 which I upgraded from 8.1 to 10.

Sadly, it does not work. I have tried this method. I tried it again following the exact instructions of the video, but it will just keep restarting if i hold the volume down key down. It refuses to show me the big money exclamation mark. I will try making it run out of battery, but idk if that will work. Will it try to reupdate on July 29th with the new public version of Windows 10? Because that would probably fix it.

EDIT: Tried doing the combo without exclamation point and came up with lightning and the setting button. Can I do something with that?

I've also seen suggestions to hold the volume down key first before pressing the power button, allow the phone to vibrate, release the power button and see if that produces the exclamation.

1. Back up all data.
  2. Turn off the phone.
  3. Press and hold the Volume Down key
  4. While holding Volume Down, press the Power key to turn the phone on. Release Power when the phone vibrates but continue to hold Volume Down
  5. When the exclamation mark appears on the display, release Volume Down.
    1. Press the following keys in order. Nothing will change on the screen while entering the sequence of buttons.key.
    2. Press the Volume Up key.
  • Press the Volume Down key.
  • Press the Power button.
  • Press the Volume Down key.
  1. The phone will automatically reset.
  2. During the reset, two gears rotate on the display for up to 5 minutes, after which the display goes blank for about 30 seconds.
It seems to work differently for different providers. The first one is for ATT the second for T-Mobile.
Maybe contacting your provider might help.

Yeah, probably my best bet. But I hate going down to the Sprint store. Everytime I go there it feels like I am wasting 3 hours of my life.

Just reading this one for sprint.
Perform a hardware factory reset - Lumia 635
It suggests to remove and reinsert the battery to make sure that the phone is completely off. And then begin with first holding the volume down key before pressing the power button, when the phone vibrates release the power button but continue to hold the volume down key until exclamation.

I will try letting it charge on the lightning bolt and gear icon. I'm assuming it's asking to charge, but idk. if it doesn't work and the hard reset for sprint doesn't work, let's just hope the employees can fix it. I doubt that they will have much knowledge beyond the hard reset guide though :/. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it :)

Giving an ending to those who have a similar problem. I took it to the Sprint store and they messed with it, and tried to reinstall the software. That didn't work. So basically although Windows 10 comes out publicly tomorrow, be careful with OS updates on the Nokia Lumia 635 and make sure no one has issues before you install.

Back
Top Bottom