Windows 7 Help with Windows Picture Viewer

indie852

Good people!
I've stumbled upon a problem. I was quick-editing pictures with the help of Picture viewer (essentially just rotating the pictures and then jumping on to the next picture). I then noticed that the pictures disappeared from their parent folder. This happened to about 10 pictures before I realized that it was happening. When I tried it again and this time copied the name of the file and did the same procedure, I searched for the file and lo and behold the engine found it. Oddly though it seemed to be in the parent folder even though I can't find manually. I tried updating the folder but it still wouldn't appear, meaning it was essentially a ghost file. Since I have backups of the pictures it's not a big deal, but infinitely irritating. Has anybody else had this problem? OR better yet, been able to solve it?
Any help is deeply appreciated!
Marcus

Hi indie,
where was the initial 'parent' folder located?

Hi Kemikal!
I noticed the problem when I was "editing" pictures in a folder on the desktop. I also tried the same thing with other folders (i.e. in the "library" folder) and the same thing happened then as well.

Back