Windows 10 heya Peeps !!! Video Driver Probs

Drone1x

Honorable Member
I was FINALLY able to upgrade To Windows 10 from Windows 7Sp1 it all running good xcept my video driver .

I have the one installed from MS but I wanted the new one from nVIDIA site so i downloaded it & when I TRIED to install it I got an error sayin I couldn't install it bcuz it couldn't FIND any compatible hardware i was like WTF lol
I tried compat mode for win 7 & 8 but NO it wouldn't do it it either :(

I also went to the MSI site to see if they had compat drivers as well & no they don't ( YET ) lol

My card is MSI N460GTX OC 786MB DDR5 ( nVIDIA GPU

If ANY1 has a solution for me that wood bee "GREAT" thx

Drone1x:)

Did you read the list on the Nvidia driver page on whether your GTX 460 is compatible with the driver??? It very well may not, as it's a older video card.

This taken from the above driver:
SUPPORTED PRODUCTS

GeForce 400 Series:
GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 470, GeForce GTX 465, GeForce GTX 460 SE v2, GeForce GTX 460 SE, GeForce GTX 460, GeForce GTS 450, GeForce GT 440, GeForce GT 430, GeForce GT 420

Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If there are corrupt files which cannot be fixed then in the same admin command prompt type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time)

If the scan is succesfull try running the driver install again but this time right click the start up exe and run as admin.

Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If there are corrupt files which cannot be fixed then in the same admin command prompt type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time)

If the scan is succesfull try running the driver install again but this time right click the start up exe and run as admin.

KK thx 4 this Info budd sry to make u WORK so hard to hlp me lol

Thanks for letting me know this worked for you. I found your message on my profile page :). If you get any other issues simply post back.

OK, the drivers compatible. Try this, I did this and it worked for me, as Microsoft released the current GeForce driver from Nvidia for 10, before Nvidia did on it's site. Right-click to the left of the Start Menu and click on device Manager. Click on Display Driver, right-click on the driver and click uninstall. Then run the downloaded driver you got from Nvidia and run it, select Custom and then put a check mark next to remove old driver/clean install, etc. and see if that work's for you. It did ffor my 2 GTX 760's.

OK, the drivers compatible. Try this, I did this and it worked for me, as Microsoft released the current GeForce driver from Nvidia for 10, before Nvidia did on it's site. Right-click to the left of the Start Menu and click on device Manager. Click on Display Driver, right-click on the driver and click uninstall. Then run the downloaded driver you got from Nvidia and run it, select Custom and then put a check mark next to remove old driver/clean install, etc. and see if that work's for you. It did ffor my 2 GTX 760's.
The problem is fixed.

Back