Windows 7 hi guys

abesa1998

hi guys. I have one question. Which is the best operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit or Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
which is better: windows 7 ultimate 32bit or windows 7 ultimate 64 bit?

which is better: windows 7 ultimate 32bit or windows 7 ultimate 64 bit?

Re: which is better: windows 7 ultimate 32bit or windows 7 ultimate 64 bit?

Is that the largest font size you could find, lol... just kidding ;):)

Short answer... 64-bit.

Cheers,
Drew

You had this same query, elsewhere & I had answered it there but, anyway... 64-bit.

Cheers,
Drew

thancks. Why 64 bit is better then 32 bit?

Threads moved and merged, please do not cross post or double post as it violates our forum rules / Link Removed due to 404 Error against repetition.

Welcome To The Forums,

If You Have 4GB of Ram or More You Need 64-bit. Otherwise 32-bit is Best. And That Applies to All Versions Of Windows 7.

'abesa',

I wondered if your initial query was going to be followed by, "Why".

1. IF, there is 4G RAM or more in the machine, x64 will see & use all of it. x86 will cap out @ about 3.25, no matter how much RAM is actually (available) in the machine. Still, even w/out 4+ RAM, x64 is THE way to go... & if, the RAM was ever increased, the OS could use it (all).
2. There is some school of thought that x64 is faster & more stable than x86. Generally, x64 is better @ strenuous multi-tasking.
3. x64 is definately the future of computing. In the not too distant future, x86 will be a thing of the past.

These days I always recommend to clients, that if, a machine will support x64 & if, one wants to be able to access all available RAM then, now & looking ahead, absolutely go X64.

Regards,
Drew

Back