Windows 10 Hibernate check box has disappeared.

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I'm trying to speed up long start times. In order to facilitate fast startup I need to enable hibernation. I had this option enabled, but now it's disappeared somehow. I tried bringing it back by using an elevated command prompt:
Powercfg /hibernate on
That didn't work, so what can I do next to bring back the hibernate check box? Thanks.

Toshiba laptop. W10 Home, version 1703.

You mean the checkbox for the button actions? All I did was powercfg /h on then backed out and back into the button settings and hibernate was available

Hi, Neemo. I learned why it disappeared. I set up fast start ( small hiberfil) and when that's accomplished hibernation option naturally disappears. So far, PC is starting faster than before I made that change. I got the instructions off of another forum.

Good one, neem! :up: I just tested this and it worked just fine.:D Very nice. I always wondered why the Hibernate option didn't show up on my Sony laptop on the Power button option. Cool. :thumbs_up:

@Ed: Glad you got it figured out; and good job sharing back your final solution to share with us; nice work! Gave you a like.

Cheers!:sta2r:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>> :tribal:

Back