Windows 7 Hiding folder names?

LeChimp

I'm trying to sort out my music collection, and im trying to hide the folder names just in my Music folder, as as im going to have the icons as album art. I've managed to remove the name on one by using the ALT trick, but I cant hide the others. So is there a registery code or something I could use?

A folder or file has to have a name.

You would need 3rd party software to accomplis this and I have never seen anything like that.

I know that, but I was just wondering if it was possible to hide them, like you can hide file names under 7 & Vista.

Try this Google search.........look for freeware or open source software.

hide folder download

There is a blank character you can type by holding alt and hitting a number combination.... You can rename a folder and use that character to get a blank file name. I used to use it in Vista. Unfortunately I completely forget what the combo is...

Found it! Try ALT+32

Last edited:
That only works for one folder. If you try and rename another folder in the same folder that way then you get a message saying that the folder already exists.

Sorry Unlocker, no ofense, but I disagree., he didn't say the folders or files were locked.

Could you image how many times you would have to use that tool.

He would spens hours and hours.

I am not sure is that what u want exactly or not but try this
after u name the first one using Alt + 255 or Alt + 0160
the second file u have to do it again but before press enter type anther Alt + 255 and so on as many files u want
just add one Alt trick more
hop this could help

I'm trying to sort out my music collection, and im trying to hide the folder names just in my Music folder, as as im going to have the icons as album art. I've managed to remove the name on one by using the ALT trick, but I cant hide the others. So is there a registery code or something I could use?

What ALT trick ?
This one ?.......
Select the folder > press F2 key > press ALT key and HOLD > enter 0160 > Enter.
Repeat the above steps for next file/folder.

Back