Windows 7 Home network with a separate internet connection

dax29

Hi all

I have recently gone from a satellite broadband connection which I had set up through a home network, to using a Sierra Wireless Aircard 753S on the Australian Telstra 3G network.

Under my previous set up (Satellite internet through a Netgear Wireless G router - WGR614) I have a desktop with Win 7 Pro and dual booting with Linux Mint 12, a Dell laptop with Win 7 , XBox 360, a Digital TV Tuner (DXTreme) and a Samsung LCD TV Series 6 with wifi connectivity all connected in a network. I also have an ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 that I would like to include in teh home network.

My question is:
Now I have internet through a hotspot Sierra wireless aircard (meaning the desktop and laptops connect direct to it) can I still have a home network running on all the equipment, not to access the interenet but for file sharing etc or is this something that could have conflicts etc and at the same time have internet access through teh aircard.

Since going to the aircard and no internet access on the network, the LAN is not longer working, so am wondering not only if there could be conflicts but also if I should reset up the network from scratch again.

I'm thinking along these lines because it appears I am unable to use the aircard with a router to have a network that way.

Look forward to your comments/suggestions
Cheers
Dax

Ok so after 140 views no one has any suggestions.

Thanks everyone who had a look....guess I'll have to try elsewhere
Cheers
Dax

Ok so after 140 views no one has any suggestions.

Thanks everyone who had a look....guess I'll have to try elsewhere
Cheers
Dax
Did you set the network as Private? It won't network unless you do.

Back