Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit OEM

mmccord

Hello:

I searched the forums for 32 and 64 and oem, but had no luck finding an answer to this so...

I just finished building another computer system. Since I bought all the parts needed to build the system, I was able to purchase the OEM system builder's version of Windows 7. However, the 64-bit product was on backorder from my local IT store. The sales rep offered me the 32-bit version and swore that the DVDs for Windows 7 all come with both 32- and 64-bit versions on the DVD. I've seen mention of this on forums before.
Can anyone verify that the OEM 32-bit version REALLY does also have the 64-bit version on it? I would believe so since the non-OEM versions seems to have both versions, and I thought the OEM version was only just a licensing difference. However, before I buy it, I want to make sure. Otherwise, I'll have to put the 64-bit version on backorder and wait about a week.

Thanks all!

The one product key will activate either 32 or 64 bit versions.

Retail Edititons come with both dvd's. 32 bit on one and 64 bit on the other. They do not come supplied with both bit versions on just one dvd ( though it is quite easy to make your own single dvd with all the editions of both bit versions on it. )

Afaik, OEM Edititons come with only one dvd. You would specify a 32 bit OR 64 bit dvd. However, the key itself can be used with either bit version

Last edited:
The one product key will activate either 32 or 64 bit versions, but a x32 OEM DVD will not necessarily include x64. If you buy x32 you'll need to order x64 Oem DVD from Microsoft at low order cost.

So buy it if it says x64 if you need x64.

Back
Top Bottom